Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried NetFront Browser v3.4 for PocketPC Technical Preview Version?
    I have 3.3 version & wondering if it will uninstall that before it installs 3.4.
    Thanks for the heads up! Just downloaded it and am trying now. Didn't have 3.3 installed so I can't say
    Wow,

This browser is off the hook yo.

For real
  4. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Is it pretty fast compared to PIE or Opera?
    I love it. Great eye candy too
    holy cow, this browser is awesome...i have the following settings:

font: Tahoma (the default courier new looks crappy)
    display mode: smart fit
    zoom: 100%

It would be pefect if only it supported full one handed navigation. Man, it seems like you can never get all you are looking for in ONE browser
    it is pretty neat. make sure to go to the misc. browser settings for the cursor
    and choose select link (scroll)..or jump seems to do the same thing but allows scrolling links with the 5 way. Space bar pages down. Full screen mode is nice and agree on the above settings
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    What are the benefits over PIE? I don't feel like I really need a new browser, but I'm sure it wouldn't take much to convince me, either!
    END OF LINE
    I have been using NetFront for a year now and I couldn't get by without it. I use simple text browsing to get to the info I need fast then switch to full browsing if I need to render something needed on the page. The major benefit over PIE is that netfront supports javascript. I know it has plugins for other functions such as flash player but I've never used them. Its page search saved a ton of hunting time when looking for a key word on a big page.

I recommend:
    Tahoma
    Zoom: 75%
    text size: Large
    Cursor key mode: Select link (scroll)
    P.S. The new bookmark view seems kinda lousy. I press a letter to jump to the bookmark I want with version 3.3 but with version 3.4 i have to scroll threw them 1 by 1,,,,,, Is there another way?
    Is there an upgrade fee going from Netfront 3.3 to 3.4? Is it necessary to first uninstall the earlier version?
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    P.S. The new bookmark view seems kinda lousy. I press a letter to jump to the bookmark I want with version 3.3 but with version 3.4 i have to scroll threw them 1 by 1,,,,,, Is there another way?
    Funny, that's probably what I like most about it- mainly because I hope that with the full version, it will be a snapshot of that page (last cached pic of that page obviously). I can't try with a treo (using the other phone for now), if you type the first letter of the bookmark does it jump to that letter?
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    Is there an upgrade fee going from Netfront 3.3 to 3.4? Is it necessary to first uninstall the earlier version?
    Right now it is only a "technical preview," so its free. You will probably have to uninstall the other one, not sure. I have 3.2 purchased from pocketgear, I hope it is a free upgrade.

Usually the ugrades are free until they change the main version number. Meaning it should be free until 4.x comes out. Thats what is usually done, not sure about this specific software.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Funny, that's probably what I like most about it- mainly because I hope that with the full version, it will be a snapshot of that page (last cached pic of that page obviously). I can't try with a treo (using the other phone for now), if you type the first letter of the bookmark does it jump to that letter?
    The only way to scroll the bookmarks in 3.4 is with the dpad or tapping on the screen. It is a lot slower than in 3.3 where you type a few letters an it takes you strait to the bookmark. If a person had 40 bookmarks it is crazy slow to scroll thew them until you get the one you want.

Maybe it will be resolved in the final version.

Also to readers, there is no need to uninstall the previous version. The technical preview does not overwrite the older version and the preview wont last long anyway. So it is pointless to uninstall the older version unless you are extremely short on internal memory as Netfront has to be internal since it spontaneously closes when on the card.
    Yeah, its only letting me show 10, but I could imagine that being tedious with many. I hoped they allow keyboard indexing, I'm surprised its not there already.
    When on the bookmark page, if you hit right or left on the D-pad does it start flipping out on you and you can only soft reset?

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    When on the bookmark page, if you hit right or left on the D-pad does it start flipping out on you and you can only soft reset?
    Nope, it skips 5 bookmarks. I guess like a "page up" function.
    weird, mine just keeps on rotating endlessly... you have any subfolders in your favorites?

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    weird, mine just keeps on rotating endlessly... you have any subfolders in your favorites?
    No, netfront only gives me 10 of my bookmarks, I guess because it is considered a "trial." I don't have the full version of netfront 3.3 installed, although I did purchase it. That might be the problem...
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Do flash videos work in this browser?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast