Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mooboy View Post
    Do flash videos work in this browser?
    I dont know much about all that but there is a flash plugin from the developer available.

Scotty,,,,, sounds like a bad install. I donít have those issues.

I can say that 3.4 definitely has major improvements. It handles pages better than 3.3 and of course way way better than PIE. I visit sites that lock PIE up after DL'ing about 100k, those same sites cause 3.3 to act sluggish but with 3.4 it is handled without hang-ups. 3.4 is definitely engineered well. To the other poster, yes the trials offer only 10 bookmarks.

My question is: Is it universal that we cant save page formatting with the technical preview?

P.S. I have tried Opera, Thunderhawk, mini mo, etc.... And NetFront is the best!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Right now it is only a "technical preview," so its free. You will probably have to uninstall the other one, not sure. I have 3.2 purchased from pocketgear, I hope it is a free upgrade.

Usually the ugrades are free until they change the main version number. Meaning it should be free until 4.x comes out. Thats what is usually done, not sure about this specific software.
    Usually that's true, but it appears Netfront really wants to stick it to it's customers...

On their website, it says the upgrade price to go from 3.2 to 3.3 is $14.80, which is half of the full version. So each mini incremental step they're going to charge. Bummer.
    http://www.firstambank.com

If the above link is opened in desktop browsers, you can see 3 boxes appear near the top of the page. The are titled:

-Commercial Services (blue title)
    - Personal Finance (orange title)
    - Wealth Management (green title)

On Netfront on my Verizon 700w (I tried the trial versions of both 3.3 and 3.4 beta), that area is just blank white space.

Is that a Netfront limitation, or would the full version make it work, as opposed to the trial version?

Thanks!
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Are you guys talking about 3.4 or the preview? Also I went to the website and cant find a link to download 3.4.....can someone please help?
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    http://www.access-company.com/produc.../34_wm_tp.html

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    http://www.firstambank.com

If the above link is opened in desktop browsers, you can see 3 boxes appear near the top of the page. The are titled:

-Commercial Services (blue title)
    - Personal Finance (orange title)
    - Wealth Management (green title)

On Netfront on my Verizon 700w (I tried the trial versions of both 3.3 and 3.4 beta), that area is just blank white space.

Is that a Netfront limitation, or would the full version make it work, as opposed to the trial version?

Thanks!
    No matter what i did I couldn't get that page to show up in 3.4, 3.3 or PIE. I would say that it wont show up with the final version for 3.4 either. If you have to access pages that do not work with mobile devices you can use LOGMEIN and log in to your home computer from the pda then access the needed page. That is what I do and it works great.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik View Post
    holy cow, this browser is awesome...i have the following settings:

font: Tahoma (the default courier new looks crappy)
    display mode: smart fit
    zoom: 100%

It would be pefect if only it supported full one handed navigation. Man, it seems like you can never get all you are looking for in ONE browser

Feel stupid...but....can't find where to change the font???
    Quote Originally Posted by mobidutch View Post
    Feel stupid...but....can't find where to change the font???
    menu>view>text size
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    menu>view>text size
    Right...but where to change it from the default Courier to e.g. Tahoma?
    On my device with 3.4 I cant get to that setting. It looks to be a quirk with this preview. With 3.3 the user would go to menu>tools>browser settings>view>advanced settings There the type of font could be changed. This would be worth mentioning to the developer, although I've never gotten replies from this developer.

When trying to access this setting does any one else get stopped at browser settings because the screen is cut off at the bottom so that you cant go to view?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Yup...I can see there's some text towards the bottom...but can't get there..
    There is suppose to be left and right toggle buttons at the bottom of the screen that take you threw a bunch of settings. Also this is where settings are saved. When you change settings from menu>view, those settings do not get saved after the browser is closed. I'm sure they've become aware of the issue.

I myself am definitely upgrading from 3.3 to 3.4 when it is released. So far 3.4 hasnt had any trouble loading huge pages. Pages that freeze PIE and cause 3.3 to run slugish.
    Heres what it looks like
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12