Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am now on my third 750 order through Amazon.com.

    Cingular approved the first two and actually opened two accounts for activation, but Amazon cancelled both as declined.

    Today, I was on a conference call with a Cingular credit-approval supervisor and an Amazon rep. We all agreed that I place a thired order. The Cingular supervisor repeated to Amazon that I have been approved.

    Placed my third order, and I am exactly where I was all week. Waiting for the eventual cancellation.

    DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYWAY TO CONTACT AMAZON'S CELLPHONE SERVICES PEOPLE?
  2. #2  
    Amazon Customer Service: 1-800-201-7575.
  3. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Amazon Customer Service: 1-800-201-7575.
    Thanks. Unfortunately, I've not only called them, I've had a Cingular credit dept supervisor call them with me on the line.
  4. #4  
    What was the conculsion? Did you ever get approval? I have two orders waiting Cingular approval. JW
  5. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrywoods View Post
    What was the conculsion? Did you ever get approval? I have two orders waiting Cingular approval. JW
    Well, again... two have been cancelled already. The second was cancelled with me and the Cingular supervisor on the phone with Amazon in order to "start fresh."

    I still have no answer on the third.

    The probem is that the cellphone-credit department at Amazon apparently consists of people who can only be reached by email and not telephone, even internally. BS.
  6. #6  
    I called Amazon again today and they said that Cingular approved, it doesnt indicate when I check. I ordered another today just to make sure and I will cancel after the 1st ships. Good luck.
  7. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrywoods View Post
    I called Amazon again today and they said that Cingular approved, it doesnt indicate when I check. I ordered another today just to make sure and I will cancel after the 1st ships. Good luck.
    The night before cancelling my second order, an Amazon rep told me Cingular had approved it. I had received the tentative account number from Cingular, who truly had approved the order, and read it to him. He even said he had the same account number.

    The next day, I learned it was a complete fabrication from Amazon's side, probably just to get me off the phone. They had no info that I had been approved.

    I would ask a rep to read TO you the account number.

    I too have ordered a second one just to be safe using my wife's info.
  8. #8  
    Go to your local Cingular store and purchase one.
  9. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    Go to your local Cingular store and purchase one.
    ...not for 99 bucks.
  10. #10  
    Called again to the cellular dept and they said they would esculate the inquiry one credit approval....I think you are right people will tell you anything to get you off the phone. Im going to call tomorrow and ask for a supivosor and see if that gets any new info. JW
  11. arch113's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #11  
    How do you find out if Cingular approved you, when placing a order through Amazon?

    Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    I am now on my third 750 order through Amazon.com.

    Cingular approved the first two and actually opened two accounts for activation, but Amazon cancelled both as declined.

    Today, I was on a conference call with a Cingular credit-approval supervisor and an Amazon rep. We all agreed that I place a thired order. The Cingular supervisor repeated to Amazon that I have been approved.

    Placed my third order, and I am exactly where I was all week. Waiting for the eventual cancellation.

    DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYWAY TO CONTACT AMAZON'S CELLPHONE SERVICES PEOPLE?
  12. #12  
    Greetings from Amazon.com,

    We are writing to inform you that Cingular Wireless has notified us they
    have approved your request for wireless service.

    Therefore, we will continue processing your order. When your order is
    shipped, we will send you an e-mail message confirming the date, contents,
    and method of your shipment(s).

    Order Id: 104

    Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com, and we hope to see you again.

    Sincerely,

    Customer Service Department
    Amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com?tag=webosnation0e-20
    Earth's Biggest Selection
  13. arch113's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #13  
    How long did it take from the time you placed your order - you got approved?

    Can you can Cingular to ask them if your approved when placing a order through Amazon?


    Quote Originally Posted by jerrywoods View Post
    Greetings from Amazon.com,

    We are writing to inform you that Cingular Wireless has notified us they
    have approved your request for wireless service.

    Therefore, we will continue processing your order. When your order is
    shipped, we will send you an e-mail message confirming the date, contents,
    and method of your shipment(s).

    Order Id: 104

    Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com, and we hope to see you again.

    Sincerely,

    Customer Service Department
    Amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com?tag=webosnation0e-20
    Earth's Biggest Selection
  14. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by arch113 View Post
    How do you find out if Cingular approved you, when placing a order through Amazon?
    I called Cingular. Congrats, Jerrywoods, I'm still in limbo. I just called Cingular again; they have approved my third order, but Amazon still has no info.
  15. holmes4's Avatar
    Posts
    982 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #15  
    I received an email like that, except saying that I was upgrading my existing service, within 10 minutes of placing my order.
  16. #16  
    I will update with new information, it appears my order is still pending Jan 23-Mar 13 delivery. JW
  17. #17  
    Any happy Treo 750 from Amazon?
  18. holmes4's Avatar
    Posts
    982 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #18  
    My order has been approved, but no news on shipment.
  19. #19  
    Sure sounds complicated to order a (Cingular?) Treo from Amazon. I'm not sure if I understand why they just can't ship you what you purchased and you activate it yourself...
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Sure sounds complicated to order a (Cingular?) Treo from Amazon. I'm not sure if I understand why they just can't ship you what you purchased and you activate it yourself...
    Because if you're not approved by Cingular, you can't activate the phone. If you don't activate the phone on Cingular, Amazon doesn't get their kickback and that's the only way they're able to sell the phone so cheap in the first place...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions