Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You activate it yourself once you receive it. The qualification is required to get the quoted price, as it involves a $250 kickback from Cingular to Amazon. For me, the ordering process was straightforward - not really any different than when I bought my Treo 650 directly from ATTWS although delivery is much longer (I had the 650 the next day.)

The only part that annoys me is that I have only a vague idea when it will ship and no obvious way to ask for a better estimate. But then, I'm not really in a rush, so it will get here when it does. My concern is that the $50 rebate offer requires that I send for the rebate by Feb. 20, so I need to have the phone by then!
    Hmmm... If we lower our plan before six months passes, how much do we have to pay Amazon? I plan on applying my student discount as soon as possible. $80+ a month on service is pretty expensive compared to the Sprint plan I used to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Hmmm... If we lower our plan before six months passes, how much do we have to pay Amazon? I plan on applying my student discount as soon as possible. $80+ a month on service is pretty expensive compared to the Sprint plan I used to have.
    If you change your plan before the 180 days you will be charged the full price of the phone.
    So I'd have to pay Amazon that $899 list price minus the $149.99?
    How many poeple have recieved Treo 750's from Amazon? If you dont have something productive to say, please don't. JW
    I am still awaiting mine. It (allegedly) shipped on the 19th, but has not yet been picked up by the carrier. I just got an email indicating that it has been activated. When I called Amazon, they could not figure out what is going on. The arrival date now says March 5.
    When did you order yours?
    January 11.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ... after three orders and ten days (approved by Cing but cancelled by Amazon) they finally got it right. Now awaiting shipment.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I called Cingular, they said I should have no problems with the approval.

I don't know what takes Amazon so long to process a order, my estimated ship date is: February 21, 2007 - March 7, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    I called Cingular. Congrats, Jerrywoods, I'm still in limbo. I just called Cingular again; they have approved my third order, but Amazon still has no info.
    That amount of time is a bit ridiculous to wait for something to ship, that's more than 1 month. I guess you really can't beat that price though.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I am switching from Sprint. So I ordered 5 phones, 1 Treo 750, 1 BlackJack and 3 RAZR's, and I can't change the option for:

Shipping Preference:
    Group my items into as few shipments as possible

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    That amount of time is a bit ridiculous to wait for something to ship, that's more than 1 month. I guess you really can't beat that price though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Because if you're not approved by Cingular, you can't activate the phone. If you don't activate the phone on Cingular, Amazon doesn't get their kickback and that's the only way they're able to sell the phone so cheap in the first place...
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    You activate it yourself once you receive it. The qualification is required to get the quoted price, as it involves a $250 kickback from Cingular to Amazon. For me, the ordering process was straightforward - not really any different than when I bought my Treo 650 directly from ATTWS although delivery is much longer (I had the 650 the next day.)

The only part that annoys me is that I have only a vague idea when it will ship and no obvious way to ask for a better estimate. But then, I'm not really in a rush, so it will get here when it does. My concern is that the $50 rebate offer requires that I send for the rebate by Feb. 20, so I need to have the phone by then!
    Thank you for the explanations.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    Thanks. Unfortunately, I've not only called them, I've had a Cingular credit dept supervisor call them with me on the line.
    You mean, like you said in the original post?

[/evilduetoannoyanceswithfolkswhodon'treadbeforetheyposteventhoughidoitsometimestoo]
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    It may cost a little more in the long run but it may be easier to order directly from cingular by calling customer service.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12