Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    My Treo 750v arrived in Australia (from Hong Kong) on Wednesday and I must say the phone features within the Today screen are fabulous.

I have always used my device as a Phone first and PDA second and the Palm Tweaks now mean I finally have a device that is more phone-centric too.

However, one thing I am having a problem with is the Speed Dials.

Is there some trick to dialing the speed dial via the assigned hardware key?

When I hold the button down and then release it, sometimes it will dial the speed dial, sometimes (more often than not) it will popup the Contacts Lookup field and fill it with the key being repeated.

I don't display the speed dials via the plug-in as I know who is on which button.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?
    Last edited by Zelig87; 01/19/2007 at 03:40 PM.
    I've seen this also. You are not holding down the button long enough or steady enough. It thinks you let up on the key, and now fills the lookup field with repetitions of the key. The issue is if it think you let up on the key pressure slightly when first holding it down, it will do this.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thanks for your reply.

I have tried what you said, but it still seems very hit and miss.

I can get the speed dial to work about 1 in every 10 attempts - trying very hard to press firmly and steadily each time.

Is anyone else having a similar problem ?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Looks like the problem is caused by one of the apps I have loaded.

I have done a hard reset and without loading anything, the speed dials work correctly.

I will now try and isolate the offending app.