Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I bought an Ambeon 802.11b Wi-Fi card for my 750v, performance seems fine but it does require a soft reset for it to pickup the card. The card was only 30 on eBay so I'm happy
  2.    #22  
    [QUOTE=sp33dy;1186569]Has anyone else noticed that the Spectec website has new drivers posted on it? I saw them just the other day and I've found that the card is much more stable with this version. My Treo would frequently stop recognizing the card, but now that is very uncommon.

Anyone else have experience with these drivers?
    http://www.spectec.com.tw/Download.htm#wlan[/QUOTE

Sorry for being a newb, but can you post the direct link for the new download.
    [QUOTE=jmk2888;1186693]
    Quote Originally Posted by sp33dy View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the Spectec website has new drivers posted on it? I saw them just the other day and I've found that the card is much more stable with this version. My Treo would frequently stop recognizing the card, but now that is very uncommon.

Anyone else have experience with these drivers?
    http://www.spectec.com.tw/Download.htm#wlan[/QUOTE

Sorry for being a newb, but can you post the direct link for the new download.
    Here:

http://60.248.111.19/DOWNLOAD/sdw-82...n11b-14CNU.CAB

The file name is the same as the old drivers, but at least one file inside the CAB is new.
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    I bought an Ambeon 802.11b Wi-Fi card for my 750v, performance seems fine but it does require a soft reset for it to pickup the card. The card was only 30 on eBay so I'm happy
    Those must not be for sale in the US, because I sure couldn't find one when I was buying. All I can find is the Ambeon full-size SD wifi, which obviously won't help.
    When will Spectec's MicroSD wifi card be available?
    I got one off of Amazon a few months ago, but they sell through one of their partners. These guys were real jerks when I emailed and asked about a return for refund due to problems with it.

Honestly, I think it's buggy enough that I wouldn't recommend you buy it unless Wifi is a do or die situation for you. It's stupid, soft-resetting to recognize the card? Losing data every couple of minutes? Not recognizing the card after a sleep? Just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by sp33dy View Post
    Those must not be for sale in the US, because I sure couldn't find one when I was buying. All I can find is the Ambeon full-size SD wifi, which obviously won't help.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I wonder how much of our problems are Palm's fault.

Thanks for the heads up on the new driver. Any little improvement is welcome.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I have the same problems with installint the card as others here. only the link on the site here and on the spectec website is he also giving an error that the file doens't excists. Can anyone give me the driver cause the supplied driver on the cd only gives an installing message on my treo.. but never stops even not after a soft reset.

Thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12