Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AllCammedUp View Post
    Has the spring clip reliability issues been addressed with these new holsters? I went through 2 for my Treo 650 and both broke within a few weeks of reciept and I finally just gave up on them.

The issue is that the spring clip would 'give out' and essentially snap or fall off and made the holster useless. I hope that these holsters are really ready for day-to-day use and will last a long time.
    The top clip break problem has been addressed. It is associated with the very early version. It is very reliable now for Treo 750, 680 and 650/700 holsters

Seidio
  2. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Everyone may be so lyrical about the good fit, but my Treo 750v ended up in the toilet because it just fell out of the holster. (This was actually the 4th instance where my Treo just fell out of its holster) Good fit my a**

Thank god my lightning quick reflexes made that I could get my Treo out before it completely drowned, and it is fully functional again as if nothing happened ...

... well, almost ...

The only damage I have is a small but visible stain on my screen under the top glass layer, that came from the last bit of water drying ....

While I was tremendously lucky that my Treo did not die, I am very frustrated by the fact that it could just fall out of the holster ....

So, unless someone has sent me the wrong holster (it says TR750AS on the back) I think it is not near as reliable as anyone says ...
    ---------------------------
    The one and only Treo 750v
  3.    #23  
    TR750AS is the right one! I cant imagine it falling out. Do you place it face in or face out in the holster?

As a test (I do this with all holsters), I put the treo in and shook it as hard as I could while holding just the belt clip. This holster held like a champ! (OH, by the way, I do this over my bed... just in case).

The only holster that ever failed my test was a Boxwave holster and my old Nextel i1000 holster.
    I think Seidio makes great holsters. I have one for my Pearl that my wife uses, one for my 8525, and one for my 750. They are made excellent and have not had any trouble so far.
  5. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    TR750AS is the right one! I cant imagine it falling out. Do you place it face in or face out in the holster?
    Face in ...
    The one and only Treo 750v
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    You are correct. While some phones will allow you to use it screen out, all of our holsters are designed for screen in use.
    That's GREAT.

I have a no name brand skin case (Rubbery)for my Treo 750 do you think this holster will hold it with my skin case ?

Here a Link to the case I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/Smartphone-Pro...bosnation0e-20
    Quote Originally Posted by jmk2888 View Post
    That's GREAT.

I have a no name brand skin case (Rubbery)for my Treo 750 do you think this holster will hold it with my skin case ?

Here a Link to the case I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/Smartphone-Pro...bosnation0e-20
    The holster talked about in this thread is for a non-skinned 750. I would suggest you try our Skin/Case Holster. Since you don't have our skin so I can't guarantee it, but it should fit. Here's a link.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=618

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    The holster talked about in this thread is for a non-skinned 750. I would suggest you try our Skin/Case Holster. Since you don't have our skin so I can't guarantee it, but it should fit. Here's a link.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=618

Thanks
    Let's say I order it for $29.99 and it doesn't fit.

Can I then, buy the Seido Rubber Skin for the Combo price ?

Basically, can I get the $10.00 discount if I decide to get the Rubber Skin from Seidio ?
    Just ordered Rubberized case/holster combo. I guess I can live with the black casing (for now).

Seidio, check your PM.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    Everyone may be so lyrical about the good fit, but my Treo 750v ended up in the toilet because it just fell out of the holster. (This was actually the 4th instance where my Treo just fell out of its holster) Good fit my a**
    I absolutely agree with Wiz. The Sedio unskinned holster is crap. The top clip releases the Treo with a MINOR bump. Although a little loose for my taste, the holster was fine for about 2-3 weeks. Now, when wore in the horizontal position, any MINOR bump will cause the top clip to loosen and my Treo has fallen to the ground about 10 times now. Even while walking and if my swinging arm nudges the holster, then treo meets floor.

I've had Seidio holsters for Treo 650, T-Mobile MDA and Treo 750. And I've only been happy with the MDA holster. Treo 650 holster was uncomfortable with the swivel clip digging into my side (had to file down the clip myself to make it usable) , but held the phone tight. And now, Treo 750 holster causes phone to drop. I'm sorry to say Seidio products will no longer be on my shopping list.
    After watching in horror as my Treo hit the concrete and split the rubber skin case in half today, I immediately went back to the office and placed an order for the SPE Leather hardcase. I should have it by Friday.

No more skin and holster for me.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I have this holster and I am very disappointed in it. I have had many of the Seidio holsters for different Treo's and they have worked well, but this one just stinks for me. I have literally had my phone eject from the holster 5 times in one week. I now have a crack on my casing, scratches on the side of the phone, the headset input has a nice dent on it. One time it popped out in the rain and my phone landed so hard that the battery compartment popped and the battery came out. luckily my 750 did not land in a puddle. I consider myself luck that the phone still performs as expected but I have put my holster down and gone back to an old psuedo leather pouch that never has this issue.

The problems with this holster is:

• Spring can eject the phone too easily
    • loose shirts can get stuck between the phone and the holster too easily
    • bumping into things near your waist can eject the phone

The last straw for me last week was putting something into the back of my car last week I apparently ejected the Treo and didn't even notice. I started up my car and was about to backup when I felt for my Treo to put it on the dashboard and it wasn't there. I got of out of the car and found it just behind my back tire. Total pure luck I didn't crush my Treo.

I take VERY GOOD care of my devices and have rarely (if ever) dropped a device. With a $700 phone I am acutely aware of the care that must be taken with these things and I am always conscious of keeping track of my phone and protecting it. With this holster you simply don't have a good handle on protecting your Treo, it's a constant worry.

I honestly think that Seidio needs to recall this holster. I understand them not wanting to admit anything is wrong with this because it could cause people who ruin their Treo as a result of this holster to try to make a claim against them but this holster is very problematic.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  13.    #33  
    I have yet to have any issues with the UNSKINNED Holster. BUT... I did have a problem with the skinned holster for my rubberized case. That one is to loose. Seidio is recalling/replacing those soon enough.

I have been using this unskinned holster for over a month and never had any issues of the device popping out. I still feel this holster is perfect - for me!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Not that this is the ideal solution, but I have found the following to be a good fix for the loose case blues. I put a few felt sticky pads (the kind used to keep things from scratching furniture - get 'em at hardware store) on the holster felt facing. This tightened up the fit very nicely, and I've had zero problems since.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgilfor View Post
    Not that this is the ideal solution, but I have found the following to be a good fix for the loose case blues. I put a few felt sticky pads (the kind used to keep things from scratching furniture - get 'em at hardware store) on the holster felt facing. This tightened up the fit very nicely, and I've had zero problems since.
    Regardless, the spring is much too weak and susceptible to accidental nudges. Just wearing my leather coat yesterday caused the latch to become undone and my device to come crashing to the ground.
    After my phone falling out 3 times, I just threw it in the drawer. There is a design issue with the clip. Very disappointed!
    I was going to get the hybrid skin and skinned holster combo, but they've been out of the skinned holster for a couple of weeks now. I thought I'd give the non-skinned holster a try.
    I used it for about 15 minutes and decided it's not going to work for me. That spring clip release sticks way off my hip and undoubtedly is going to catch on something and eject. Not even hard catch, even a slight bump will do it. I also found that if I just pull the treo it'll pop out, and I wasn't satisfied how little I had to pull it.

I hear the skinned clip works better. At least if it falls out it has the rubber to protect it. But my non-skinned holster clip is also now permanently in the drawer. What a waste of money.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I hear the skinned clip works better.
    Nope.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I mentioned this same problem earlier but nobody listened. They said it was only a problem on the holster for a skinedtreo. That IS NOT TRUE AT ALL! This holster also has the same problems.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Well that sucks. Then I'm not going to even bother with the skinned holster.
    I didn't see your warning jlczl or I selectively overlooked it Otherwise I'd have just saved my $$
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast