Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    anyone using sling player on thier 750? if so how is the video. I am toying with dropping verizon to get the 750 but need to make sure slingplayer will work well

so any feedback would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    Works great! Screen isn't the biggest but big enough. You won't be disappointed if you live in a good 3G area
    Agreed. Another Slingplayer user here to echo Littlepat's comments.

When I was playing with the HSDPA hack, it was 100x better (got consistent stream rates around 500kbps with about 25 frames/second), but it's still very good with UMTS only (about 250 kbps and 20 frames/second).
    Quote Originally Posted by bones_boy View Post
    Agreed. Another Slingplayer user here to echo Littlepat's comments.

When I was playing with the HSDPA hack, it was 100x better (got consistent stream rates around 500kbps with about 25 frames/second), but it's still very good with UMTS only (about 250 kbps and 20 frames/second).
    Ditto. Performance good on both UMTS and HSDPA.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Wow... 500kbps is solid. I'm in Manhattan and get around 200kbps. Are any of you using the GadgeTech hack to disable the MEdia Net proxy or are you connecting normally?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdigital View Post
    Wow... 500kbps is solid. I'm in Manhattan and get around 200kbps. Are any of you using the GadgeTech hack to disable the MEdia Net proxy or are you connecting normally?
    200kb? Have you applied the HSDPA hack? I commute to work via midtown and then go downtown and average might higher speeds than 200kb.

As far as disabling the proxy, I did it this weekend and have no problems so far connecting.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I've gotten upwards of 800 on speed tests, but the speeds reported by slingplayer are usually in the 200-350 range. I'll try the proxy thing.
    Im not positive, but I think Slingplayer is using the least amount of bandwidth to support the preferences set. I have tried Slingplayer and monitored the bandwidth on my Mac and it still only uses a small portion of the overall bandwidth based on resolution and video prefs.

Works great on the Treo 750! I tweaked some of my prefs. and seems to work even better then the defaults!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    Im not positive, but I think Slingplayer is using the least amount of bandwidth to support the preferences set. I have tried Slingplayer and monitored the bandwidth on my Mac and it still only uses a small portion of the overall bandwidth based on resolution and video prefs.

Works great on the Treo 750! I tweaked some of my prefs. and seems to work even better then the defaults!
    Could you recommend some of your sling settings? I've got HSDPA working but only get 150kbps on the slingplayer.
    Same here. I've got HSDPA working (~600-800kbps on speedtest) but on Slingplayer I top out around 250-300kbps. I also applied the gadgetech proxy switch but that didn't seem to do much.
    Sling player uses available UPLOAD bandwidth of your SlingBox's network. What is your Upload speed at home or wherever your slingbox is?

I have our sling box connected to my home ADSL now, current upload speed is around 600K - 768K. My slingplayer mobile shows 150kbps. So if all things are equal (kilo-bits or kilo-bytes), slingplayer is using what is required for my video settings I have select. When I use different settings, the speed increases slightly or doubles but no more then 300kbps. It doesnt take much to send video encoded at such a SMALL resolution displayed by the Treo or other phone device. Try the sling player on your Laptop at high resolution and see the KB's jump!

My settings that work best for me.
    ENCODING TAB:
    Uncheck - Enable Slipstream
    Video Bitrate: 145
    Video FPS: Full Rate
    I-Frame Interval: 7
    Auto Resolution Mode: CHECKED
    Many factors come into play.Your DSL,modem,router,Firewall settings,sling server,sling software settings on ppc.
    Your ppc speed could get 1500 as we all could wish but still only pull between 250-600 kbps upload speed-sling media

http://us.slingmedia.com/object/KB-005145.html

I do recommend not having your slingbox behind firewall.That really puts a hurt on your upload speed also

Cheers
    Phil C
    Last edited by slingbox; 01/24/2007 at 09:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    My upstream bandwidth on my Cable Modem is 768k and I can easily get Slingplayer to use 600k on my PC. With the Treo, I only get 150-200kbps. I've got it set to High Action and Stereo Low. Are there any recommended settings to get Slingplayer to use more bandwidth to get a better picture/frame rate?
    Quote Originally Posted by dmunjal View Post
    My upstream bandwidth on my Cable Modem is 768k and I can easily get Slingplayer to use 600k on my PC. With the Treo, I only get 150-200kbps. I've got it set to High Action and Stereo Low. Are there any recommended settings to get Slingplayer to use more bandwidth to get a better picture/frame rate?
    Have you tried to lower your I-Frame Interval? Try lowering it to 4 or 5, that should suck down some bandwidth.
    Tackkiller over at http://mobilitytoday.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104 was having the same issue you speak of dmunjal.After we did the trouble shoot we had come to find a simple firmware update to slingbox was needed. problem solved

Cheers

Phil C
    Are you being charged for data downloads when you are using your Treo 750v with UMTS or HSDPA and your Sling player? I would expect it to cost a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheusmd View Post
    Are you being charged for data downloads when you are using your Treo 750v with UMTS or HSDPA and your Sling player? I would expect it to cost a lot.
    No, most of us have unlimited data for $19.00 - $39.00 a month.
    which program did you guys download for the Treo 750?

I tried the one for the smartphone windows and it will not load on my phone. Can someone point me to the right direction.

I have a slingbox already
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Noid View Post
    which program did you guys download for the Treo 750?

I tried the one for the smartphone windows and it will not load on my phone. Can someone point me to the right direction.

I have a slingbox already
    Download the one for Pocket PC.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I recently purchased a Slingbox on the American Express Wish List for $75 and I cannot wait to get it in the mail already. Glad to hear that it works well for JGold here in NYC well.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast