Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Hey yall is there a small program I can use to put program shortcuts on my today screen. I'm not talking about pocket plus, wisbar or any major today plugin, or is there away i can move shortcuts to today screen without any today plugins.
  2. #2  
    There is a program called "launcher," I will try and find a link.

    Got it:

    http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/cestuff.html

    Scroll down for the app
  3.    #3  
    is this the program most people have I notice looking at other peoples screen shots it looklike a quick launch bar at the bottom. I think and hopefully this is what i'm looking for.. thanks
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    is this the program most people have I notice looking at other peoples screen shots it looklike a quick launch bar at the bottom. I think and hopefully this is what i'm looking for.. thanks
    Yeah, if you want it to be.

    You can make it small enough for 1 line, big enough for the whole screen, or anything in between. Check it out...
  5. #5  
    There's also a program called TrayLaunch, which is part of the PHM Pocket PC Powertools (I use their regedit). It's not a today plugin since it technically uses the "tray" which some programs utlize (like PDANet). It's not the easiest to configure, but it's worth looking at.

    I don't remember where I found the standalone program, but here is a link to the powertools set.
    http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/PowerToys/#TrayLnch
  6. #6  
    hey i know this off beat but im in freak out mode i did an update(1.05) to my 650 (that worked just fine before) and i have lost my favorite feature my DUN. Please help me i am going to flip
  7. PSB22's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #7  
    Another vote here for "Launcher". It is very small, and even though it is a today plugin, doesn't slow things down any. Sometimes it struggles with "odd" icons (e.g. Skype), but this appears to be something related to skype, since even WM5 struggles when I place a skype shortcut in the start menu.
  8.    #8  
    i'm a little confused how to use launcher I have it but the directions that were supplied with is ho to update launcher so if possible can some one write a brief walk through or if you know where I can get full instructions.
  9. D-Bo's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #9  
    I seriously need to stay away from this site. I end up spend way too much time playing with my Treo. But in all seriousness the Launcher is pretty sweet. I just need to search for the plug in I recall reading about that will insert a blank space (not using wisebar).

    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    i'm a little confused how to use launcher I have it but the directions that were supplied with is ho to update launcher so if possible can some one write a brief walk through or if you know where I can get full instructions.
    It's a today screen plug in, so you'll need to check the box under Menu>Preferences>Today to enable it. It defaults with a number of shortcuts. They are located in the folder under My Device>Launcher. You can simply delete those you don't want. To add other shortcuts here's what I did, although it's not the most elegant way it's what I came up with quickly. I went to Start>Settings>Menus and enabled those programs I wanted to have shortcuts for in Launcher. Then I opened the File Explorer and under My Device>Windows>Start Menu I cut the shortcuts I wanted then pasted them back in the Launcher folder. Hope this helps. I spent sometime screwing around with it tonight and so far really like it.

    I coincidently found that the LiveSearch program wouldn't allow itself to be removed from the Start Menu, anybody else have this problem?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Bo View Post
    I seriously need to stay away from this site. I end up spend way too much time playing with my Treo. But in all seriousness the Launcher is pretty sweet. I just need to search for the plug in I recall reading about that will insert a blank space (not using wisebar).
    your not the only one that needs to stay away from here the other day i must of screwed around with my treo for atleast 8 hours if not more. The bad thing about it is when I hard reset my phone I actually enjoy reconfiguring it and trying different workarounds for my treo. So I do a hard reset probally more then most people do.
  11. #11  
    i am looking for an app that can...


    -close apps (X)
    -one bar to show selected items (program memory, sd card, any custom icons, etc)
    -switch apps
    -soft reset

    that's it. i wish i know how to write an app for this. my dream is to hit a key on the treo that brings up a menu that closes current running app, all running app. then a another key to bring up the switching of opened app. then another key on the treo to do a soft reset.


    that's all. right now, i'm using spb pocket plus...but it's taking so much program memory to run it.

    anyone know where i can learn how to write apps. i wanna learn how to write code to make my sd card part of the program memory. that way, we can all open 20 apps at once and never worry about lagging the treo.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by slyaii View Post
    i am looking for an app that can...


    -close apps (X)
    -one bar to show selected items (program memory, sd card, any custom icons, etc)
    -switch apps
    -soft reset

    that's it. i wish i know how to write an app for this. my dream is to hit a key on the treo that brings up a menu that closes current running app, all running app. then a another key to bring up the switching of opened app. then another key on the treo to do a soft reset.

    that's all. right now, i'm using spb pocket plus...but it's taking so much program memory to run it.
    Hey i'm just like you as well, I liked spb pocket plus and I was excited when I purchased this program but it does take a lot of programming space so I uninstalled it. What I have on my phone and still gives me about 14-15 of program memory left. I have wisbar lite closing, minimizing programs I also have phonealarm which tells me how much mem is left and a battery Icon, I just purchased both products and well worth it, I must say I even have weather panel and phm launcher installed in my main memory. One thing I did do is upx some of the files in the main memory to compress the sizes of programs.. For once I'm very happy about my phone. Ok i also put a screenshot of my phone on the very bottom is the launcher program I use with only one program in the launcher which is oxios(for regaining memory) i just wish the correct Icon was on there. Notice the weather panel followed by phone alarm at the top I also took the screen shot to show my memory level as well. Oh Yeah I forgot I have a tone of today themes installed as well on my main memory but they are usually very small files. And last but not least my phone is very very stable with haveing 14 to 15 megs of program memory left.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Bo View Post
    I seriously need to stay away from this site. I end up spend way too much time playing with my Treo. But in all seriousness the Launcher is pretty sweet. I just need to search for the plug in I recall reading about that will insert a blank space (not using wisebar).
    I think you are talking about Spacer v1.1 from pocketMax.

    Greg
  14. #14  
    resco explorer has a today screen plugin that lets you launch applications, documents or folders from the today screen desktop.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.

Posting Permissions