1.    #1  
    Does anybody know when the Official update will be released, will it be the first or second quater of the year??...I hope tey dont take to long!!
    Did you do the hack ? Works well and no phone issues on this end. I am closing around 980 in Washington DC area.
    I'd love to know this as well. Not for HSDPA at all, but because Cingular is "rumored" to add PTT capability to this device. If that is true, I would expect it to be released close to the 8525's PTT update.

Secondly, with updates usually come AKU updates, I hope this is the case as well.
    [RANT]I hope they don't enable PTT. There are already too many obnoxious people with Nextel phones using PTT.

Most plans come with unlimited mobile to mobile. You don't need a stinkin' walkie-talkie! This isn't 1978. Make a normal call so people around you don't have to listen to your PTT conversation. [/RANT]
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    FWIW, if you're leary about doing 'the hack', the cab file install allows you to easily uninstall it if you decide you don't like it. There's really no reason not to do it...

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    Back when they announced with Vodaphone, Palm said Q1 07 for HSDPA. When they announced with Cingular at CES, I noticed their announcement said H1 07 for HSDPA. So I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Back when they announced with Vodaphone, Palm said Q1 07 for HSDPA. When they announced with Cingular at CES, I noticed their announcement said H1 07 for HSDPA. So I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
    This is Palm, you never hold your breath with them
  8.    #8  
    I tried doing that hack thing, but it didnt work for me one of them I could cop to my phone, kept giving me a error message
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I'd love to know this as well. Not for HSDPA at all, but because Cingular is "rumored" to add PTT capability to this device. If that is true, I would expect it to be released close to the 8525's PTT update.

Secondly, with updates usually come AKU updates, I hope this is the case as well.
    I seriously doubt that they will be adding PTT to this phone. Cingular sales of PTT are so horrible that I wonder about them even offering this service for much longer at all!
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750