Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Just wanted to check that if anyone else using IM+ is having the same problem. Im logged into AOL, and people can receive my messages but I cannot receive theirs. I already contacted them to see what they respond.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    why even use im+ use the UK aim that ****s 100 times better
    Just tested it and experienced the same thing.

No good.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfld View Post
    why even use im+ use the UK aim that ****s 100 times better
    how is it better?
    Shape Services has released a new version of IM+ which is said to fix this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Shape Services has released a new version of IM+ which is said to fix this problem.
    Thanks for the heads up. I updated using the latest cab file found at shapeservices.com here

I went from an older Version 4.23 Oct 2006 to a newer 4.28 build Jan 2007

Everything seems to be working well now. I had the same symptom as the OP.

Thanks again gang!

PS, it would be nice to add a "automatic update checking for the latest version" feature, like how verichat has theirs working. I'll have to beg the developer to add this on.

Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    There is already another version out.

i just got the 4.29 version and things still seem to be funky. not receiving messages. this is also happening to me on agile messenger as well. IM+ seems to be doing a little bit better, but once my phone goes into an idle EVDO (grayed out) i stop receiving messages. and then eventually my aol aim just gets logged out.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Does anyone else have problems with IM+? A few things are really irking me about it and I'm not sure if these are known issues:

-If you receive an IM while you're in the middle of typing a reply, the cursor is brought back to the beginning of the line you're working on. I'll be plugging away and then have to stop, fix the characters I've overwritten and return to the end of the line. VERY annoying.

-If you receive a call while logged in, IM+ automatically disconnects. Now that I think about it though, this makes sense as the current EVDO implementation doesn't support voice + data. Agile uses SMS to get around this.

-No easy way to switch between IM windows or work on multiple concurrent IM conversations. I believe Agile has a tabbed interface.

-IM+ only supports one user name per IM service. Agile will run multiples.

But then you've got the whole monthly/annual service fee plan with Agile. Kiss of death.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
    Agile uses SMS to get around this.
    are you saying that Agile Messenger's incoming/outgoing messages count as "text messages"? i know the Agile Messenger "service" works by relaying your messages/pics/files/videos thru their own servers, but i didn't know the messages are considered "sms".

do you know of any other AIM programs that use SMS? i now have the unlimited text messaging, so i'd rather use SMS instead of an EVDO connection.
    IM forwarding and the Palm Messaging app together make a great free sms based AIM client. It satisfies my AIM needs 99% of the time. If I need to initiate an IM or see a buddy list I just launch the hacked AIM UK client.
    Agile uses data, not SMS.

Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    are you saying that Agile Messenger's incoming/outgoing messages count as "text messages"? i know the Agile Messenger "service" works by relaying your messages/pics/files/videos thru their own servers, but i didn't know the messages are considered "sms".

do you know of any other AIM programs that use SMS? i now have the unlimited text messaging, so i'd rather use SMS instead of an EVDO connection.