1.    #1  
    i ran the updater last night and upgraded from 1.02 to 1.10 (last 3 digits of version) and aside from the radio menu to turn the bluetooth and phone radios off and on, what else did my Treo acquire? I tried to run a search on this topic but it generated a error, I am on the mobile treocentral site acessing thru my Motorola Q.
    My Palm Treo 700w was a snitch
    Quote Originally Posted by dangottreo View Post
    i ran the updater last night and upgraded from 1.02 to 1.10 (last 3 digits of version) and aside from the radio menu to turn the bluetooth and phone radios off and on, what else did my Treo acquire? I tried to run a search on this topic but it generated a error, I am on the mobile treocentral site acessing thru my Motorola Q.
    the evdo stays connected unless you're on a call...you don't have to connect each time, there was an additional useless function for the useless camera called burst where it takes three or four pics in succession, a serial/usb connect program called usb switch. they changed the default close ie to less than 5mb. This was a problem for many and you can edit/change that limit with a reg editor. probably a few other things as well that I can't think of off the top of my head.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Where do we get the update and how do we install it?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by espo222 View Post
    Where do we get the update and how do we install it?
    Google is your friend

Search terms "treo 700w updater" (its the very first link)

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html

Come on dude, man up don't be lazy! :-P
  5.    #5  
    so basically this update is nothing major?
    My Palm Treo 700w was a snitch
    Quote Originally Posted by dangottreo View Post
    so basically this update is nothing major?
    I'd call it pretty major. It makes the treo much easier to work with via not having to wait for it to dial into the network everytime you want to get email or go to the internet. I can't believe that you can still get a new unit or rfurb without the update already done.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    It's an old update that you probably already have, btw. Didn't this update enable push-mail????
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    From Palm

What does this update do?

• Includes Microsoft®'s Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP) with Direct Push Technology¹ for automatic wireless synchronization of email, calendar, contacts and, now, tasks² (learn more)
    • Enhances email capabilities for more support of push email solutions, such as WirelessSync and GoodLink™, and of synchronization capabilities, such as the ability to maintain an "always on" data connection after POP or IMAP email synchronization and the ability to auto-synchronize all email accounts based on user setting².
    • Updated memory management
    • Pictures and Videos enhancements
    • New Wireless Manager provides an updated interface for turning wireless radios on and off on your 700w smartphone
    Help!

I've had my 700W for about a year now, it had the original v1.02 software on it. I'm getting ready to pass it along (@ Samsung I-760 release) and decided to update the OS to to Verizon's v1.1.

I didn't lose any date in the conversion, but everything audible went
    bye-bye! The phone no longer has speakerphone, can't listen to music, and most importantly....it doesn't even ring when a call comes in. It doesn't even vibrate! (yes, ALL volume setting and switches have been checked).

I seem to recall someone posting someting along these lines shortly after the phone was released, but I can't find it here anywhere. I was hoping that after a year, the "update" would have been perfected...I guess not.

Any suggestions/ideas greatly appreciated!
    Have you tried a hard reset?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    No. I'm already lost my sound, I'm not sure I'm willing to lose all my data too.

I installed Sprite Backup before the "upgrade", BUT the backup file is not recognized because it was created by another operating system.

I use Wireless Synch all the time. I'm not sure I'd rely on that for a full restore ( of if that's even possible). I don't use Active Synch. Should I trust Sprite to fully restore after a hard reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by finadvsr View Post
    No. I'm already lost my sound, I'm not sure I'm willing to lose all my data too.

I installed Sprite Backup before the "upgrade", BUT the backup file is not recognized because it was created by another operating system.

I use Wireless Synch all the time. I'm not sure I'd rely on that for a full restore ( of if that's even possible). I don't use Active Synch. Should I trust Sprite to fully restore after a hard reset?
    It seems you may need to run that Upgrade Mode Restore. The restore requires a upgrade file which need to be made before ROM upgrade of your device. Here is the link
    https://spritesoftware.crmdesk.com/a...d0%26start%3d0