1.    #1  
    Hi,

I was trying to get a friends Lexus setup with his 750v. It was pretty easy to configure the bluetooth part of it, but I couldnt figure out how or where to upload the contact (phone book) into the car? The car has a phonebook upload feature but I cant figure where to initate that from the phone.

Does WM5 support that? On the POS you can beam a catagory to the car.

Thanks,
    Rich
    WM supports it, the treo 750 does not. It has known problems with car kits, I believe only the speed dials transfer or something like that.
    All contacts which are either speed dials or in the CarKit category get transferred across.
  4.    #4  
    There is a carkit catagory in the contacts section? Is this done on the Treo end or the Outlook end? How exactly does that work?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    on my bmw it transferred without me doing anything so not sure how that works.
    My Vodafone UK 750v came with a CarKit category already defined.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzy View Post
    on my bmw it transferred without me doing anything so not sure how that works.
    Really ? It seems that lots of folks with Beemers have had problems synching their contacts.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    it depends on the bluetooth module they have. Mine was one of the first kits available for hte e46 M3 so not sure about the others. It worked flawlessly on mine.
    Palm has put a "carkit/device compatibility list" straight on their 750 support page. This is the first time they've done this with any of their phones, so that means they KNOW they have a problem on their hands! Here's the link...

http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/treo750cingular/
    Dang, there are a lot of No's on that list