Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I have a program that was designed for a device with a larger res screen. It seems like my Treo700WX is clipping the bottom interaction portion of the program, thus rendering it useless. is there any workaround for programs designed for larger resolutions?

    is there any kind of third party program that will help me with this? either re-size the program, or give me a scroll bar?

    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by winter720; 01/17/2007 at 10:22 PM.
  2. #2  
    Your best bet would be to contact the developer and see if they offer a square version of their program. I have a few programs like this, and I basically guessed the d-pad controls after the screen stops. Silly, I know, but for those apps I had no choice
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Your best bet would be to contact the developer and see if they offer a square version of their program. I have a few programs like this, and I basically guessed the d-pad controls after the screen stops. Silly, I know, but for those apps I had no choice
    I'd ask them, but they have gone under. and although I've pressed every button it doesnt seem to do anything... is the d-pad ALWAYS linked to menu options? your solution is not silly at all... I just want to make sure Im using the dpad correctly...

    Thanks
  4. #4  
    Maybe you could use mortscript to make it work? Or there is Nyditot which will let you change screen resolutions.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Maybe you could use mortscript to make it work? Or there is Nyditot which will let you change screen resolutions.
    Looks like maybe using the two would work, temp use nyditot to get the x/y of the missing buttons, then writing a script to execute those buttons with a 'MouseClick' event. However does anyone know of any way to get the x/y axis of particular buttons on any WM5.0 app?

    Maybe a Screen Capture App of some sort?
  6. #6  
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...screen+capture

    I just went through this the other day myself. Just us MS paint once you have the capture & it will tell you the coordinates (when you mouse over the image).
  7. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #7  
    Can I ask what program it is winter720?
  8.    #8  
    Program is DigiNet PDA, It's a PDA client for my CCTV System. I can connect just fine using 240x240, but to cycle through any cameras other than #1, a solution is required....

    Can you tie certain soft buttons to certain hard buttons within a program using mortscript?

    Ideally I'd hit 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 for each camera...

    Dont know if this is possible, or maybe a different program to do it...?
  9. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #9  
    Very cool. We use Axis cameras at work and they had software that works on my Treo to be able to view my cameras. I have 6 I can look at.



    Greg
  10.    #10  
    awesome, This program would be GREAT, if I could cycle through camera's... being able to monitor your work/home via your phone is sweet. The lag is only about 1 second, which is pretty slick considering thats via EVDO and not some local connection.

    I just wish I could use a program to tie soft buttons (that I cant see!) to hard buttons. Mortscript would maybe work, but I'd have to run a script for each camera change. I could write a script to cycle through the camera's, but I already have that availability via my slingbox/modulator.



    Anyone have a poppin idea for me?
    Last edited by winter720; 01/18/2007 at 12:22 PM.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by winter720 View Post
    Program is DigiNet PDA, It's a PDA client for my CCTV System. I can connect just fine using 240x240, but to cycle through any cameras other than #1, a solution is required....

    Can you tie certain soft buttons to certain hard buttons within a program using mortscript?

    Ideally I'd hit 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 for each camera...

    Dont know if this is possible, or maybe a different program to do it...?
    I would think that it is possible to do that. Mortscript can be used that way, so if you hit one it will mouse click x,y. I think Hannip might be able to figure this out. The only thing that might be a problem is if you use a 240x320 command on a 240x240 screen.

    I have a similar app (Geovision) for my Treo. The only downside is that the app was made for wince & looks a little dated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    I would think that it is possible to do that. Mortscript can be used that way, so if you hit one it will mouse click x,y. I think Hannip might be able to figure this out. The only thing that might be a problem is if you use a 240x320 command on a 240x240 screen.

    I have a similar app (Geovision) for my Treo. The only downside is that the app was made for wince & looks a little dated.
    They would be 240x320 commands, if my display was only "showing" 240x240 would the 240x320 commands in the bottom part of the screen be inaccessible to MortScript? even using the correct x,y?

    Hannip, care to chime in?

Posting Permissions