1.    #1  
    Since I'm still having trouble with Vista and the Treo 750, is there any way to extract the .CAB file from whatever application I download, moving it to the device or miniSD card and running the installer from there???

Thanks to everyone...
    I'd be interested in knowing that as well. I don't even have ActiveSync installed on my computer and won't put an app on my Treo that doesn't have a cab file.
    Brandon
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    With many exe files, if you have WinRAR installed, you can right click on the exe and extract the files from the exe.

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
  4.    #4  
    Well, Vista doesn't use ActiveSync. It has a much more advanced "Mobile Sync Center". It worked PERFECTLY with my HTC 8525, which also runs WM5, so I don't get why it wouldn't work with the Treo 750. Arghhhh...
    I find that when executing the .exe file it installs the CAB in a temp install directory so ActiveSync can push it to your WM5 device. Most 3rd party software companies typcally have a CAB install version as well. You can sometimes find this in the support section or simply emailing support they can point you to the CAB file version. I run into this a lot as I use a Mac.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Well, Vista doesn't use ActiveSync. It has a much more advanced "Mobile Sync Center". It worked PERFECTLY with my HTC 8525, which also runs WM5, so I don't get why it wouldn't work with the Treo 750. Arghhhh...
    I realize that Vista doesn't run activesync (I've been running it since before Beta 1), but what I'm saying is that if you have WinRAR installed on your PC, right click on the exe file on your PC, and extract the files. Most of the time you can find the cab file that way.

Which cab files do you need, BTW?

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    With many exe files, if you have WinRAR installed, you can right click on the exe and extract the files from the exe.
    I tried that already. Didn't work. Man, this is annoying...HELP!