1.    #1  
    I just installed btaudio on my wx in the hope that I could listen to mp3s in mono on my headset. I don't get any sound through the headset although it does establish a bt link. has anyone gotten this to work for them?

if it is possible, does anybody have a recommendation for bluetooth headphones that can be simultaneously paired with the treo, my laptop (from which I would most likely stream stereo audio) and my blackberry?

my curreny HS850 does not cut it because the volume sucks, it can't be paired with multiple devices simultaneously and it isn't stereo for my laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by calebu2 View Post
    I just installed btaudio on my wx in the hope that I could listen to mp3s in mono on my headset. I don't get any sound through the headset although it does establish a bt link. has anyone gotten this to work for them?

if it is possible, does anybody have a recommendation for bluetooth headphones that can be simultaneously paired with the treo, my laptop (from which I would most likely stream stereo audio) and my blackberry?

my curreny HS850 does not cut it because the volume sucks, it can't be paired with multiple devices simultaneously and it isn't stereo for my laptop.

You seriously didn't ask this question did you...This site has a search function...how about giving that a try...Let the flames begin..haha
    Yes, just plug in a Jabra A210 into the headphone jack and you are all set.
    Does that support Stereo or just mono?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Dolby 5.1
    Just mono, but Jabra has a stereo dongle also.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Just mono, but Jabra has a stereo dongle also.
    Jabra A120s BT Stereo Dongle.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gobigblue View Post
    You seriously didn't ask this question did you...This site has a search function...how about giving that a try...Let the flames begin..haha
    OK. So before posting this thread, I asked a question in the bluetooth forum about headsets. Didn't get the responses I was expecting, so I decided that I would change the scope of my question and post it here. Before doing so, I did a search of PPCGeeks and PDAPhoneHome where I determined that the solution to my needs was called btaudio.exe. All of their advice pertained to devices other than the Treo 700wx.

I then came to the discussion boards at TreoCentral. I had already been following the threads on A2DP and it did not seem that those threads would yield a solution. I admit that I did not check the FAQ until just now, but like a good treo owner I checked it the second I placed the order (skimmed it before buying).

After all of that, I searched (from my treo using the treo.discussion.treocentral.com portal) for "btaudio" and got 7 results:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=btaudio - My thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=btaudio - Treo 750 (Different hardware - If that didn't matter I would have gotten my answer from PDAPhoneHome.com)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=btaudio - Treo 680 (Different hardware)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=btaudio - Treo 680 (Different hardware)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=btaudio - MDA (Different hardware)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=btaudio - a 6 month old thread that does not provide any hard and fast answers ("Treo user 7" claims it doesn't work but he only has 3 posts. I don't necessarily believe him).

So pardon me for being a little defensive on this one but if this particular question is so overly answered in other threads, there should be at least one of them included in the FAQ or as sticky.

I have yet to see anything that gives a rounded overview of the whole process - which may be because I was searching using the treo rather than the desktop. I only ever use the desktop version of treocentral in cases like this where I need do overkill by including links, etc. in my post.

Thanks for your help.
  9.    #9  
    Do I really want a dongle? I'm open to convincing.

I'd be happy to do mono audio if the software can handle it. Sticking stuff in the **** of the phone defeats the purpose of keeping it in my leather case.
    Here is the thing. I dont believe any BT device can hold a constant connection with three devices at the same time. Most dongles, like the Blueant X5 one, will hold two connections, but one will be be voice (headset profile), and one will be AD2P. i would say most computer BT solutions don't support AD2P, so chances are you'll have to use the headset connection. This means what is left is the AD2P connection, and this is only one way (for listening to music in stereo). The mic will not work for the device you have connected to in AD2P.

Best you can probably do right now is get two mono headsets and stick one on each ear. You'd probably be the laughingstock at the gym though (which I believe is where you said you wanted to use this set up in another thread). Which makes me question, who actually needs to be connected to that many devices at the same time? Also, unless your gym only extends 20 feet from your locker in every direction, then you're not gonna be able to use it at the gym. Unless you carry all this stuff with you while working out, which would be too weird.
    Wow, lots of talk in this thread, little info.

Btaudio does NOT work on this device. None of the hacks: bttoggle, jetware extension, etc., work on this device. Sorry, but as of right now the dongle is basically the ONLY way to go. People are working on hacks, but none have come to light yet.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
    Best you can probably do right now is get two mono headsets and stick one on each ear. You'd probably be the laughingstock at the gym though (which I believe is where you said you wanted to use this set up in another thread).
    My whole goal with bluetooth is to embarass my wife by wearing my "spock ear" all day in embarassing locations. The two mono headsets would be the ultimate in embarassment - I'd be impressed if you could synchronize the audio between the two (Perhaps I need a separate treo for each audio channel . I'm determined to make this work, so I may just invest in a BT headset with the dongle and do some playing around.

The PC card I have is the Zoom 4312AF which supports A2DP, so I'm 1/3 of the way towards my goal. I currently use a $1 pair of headphones with a seidio adapter on my treo at the gym and keep tripping over the wires (The two headset solution is way less embarassing).

I'm sure somebody will figure out some solutions for the 700w sooner or later. As soon as I quit my day job I plan on writing my "bluetooth control center" killer app (http://www.ppcgeeks.com/app-to-turn-...ree-t1751.html) and including A2DP support will be a walk in the park at that point. (One of these days I will own a fully convergent mobile device!).