1.    #1  
    Okay guys..............,

I have just received my Treo 750 from Amazon and I brought to my nearby Cingular store to have them update my new equipment and new sim card #.

I have only renew my contract for 2 years, add on line or anything like that.

It came with New 3G sim card, and I also advise him to change my Data Plan to Data Unlimited $39.99 and cancel the MediaNet Unlimited. He advise that I cannot use 3G if I'm on MediaNet.

Anyways here are the Pics:

Last edited by jmk2888; 01/17/2007 at 08:36 AM.
    hahaha....that is total BULL....Yes you can use 3G while on Medianet. That is the plan used for the blackjack which is a 3G phone...Those sales reps kill me!
    Yeah, well I'm getting mine for $18 less than you.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    hahaha....that is total BULL....Yes you can use 3G while on Medianet. That is the plan used for the blackjack which is a 3G phone...Those sales reps kill me!
    Well, there's no escaping.......

They'll eventually charge use all $39.99 for Data.....

I got the phone for a GREAT price, I don't mind
    My sales guy tried to sell me the 39.99 PDA plan and I told him to not even bring it up...He said " im just doing what the email I got told me to do" and that was the end of it...I said thanks, but the 19.99 plan works just fine.
    jmk2888...Congratulations on your new "mistress"!
    So if Im an existing user with MediaMax, is there a way for me to get a 750 for 99 and still keep my 20 a month MediaMax bundle?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    So if Im an existing user with MediaMax, is there a way for me to get a 750 for 99 and still keep my 20 a month MediaMax bundle?
    Ummm....that would be a no.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Why can't one simply switch a sim card from an existing phone (Treo 680 for me) into this 750 to activate? No go?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Why can't one simply switch a sim card from an existing phone (Treo 680 for me) into this 750 to activate? No go?
    I hope I'm addressing your question. If you want the $99 deal, you're not just buying the phone. You're buying a contract. You've got to buy a new line of service or extend your contract 2 years, and are forced into subscribing to the $40 or $50 data plans, at least for 180 days. I can't see anyway around this, unless perhaps you can try conning a Cingular rep into downgrading you to mediamax after you get the phone.

So yes, you can take a sim from an existing phone and yes, it will work. But just know you have the active sim that ships with the 750 whose service you are contractually paying for for 2 years. And in the first six months if you cancel, you're stuck with a $175 bill from Cingular plus a $250 bill from Amazon.
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like ill be upgrading my data plan