1.    #1  
    Hi I have Treo 750 Locked Cingular ,I would like to use it on Rogers in Canada, Any one out there who were able to unlock Treo 750 Cingular on other networks
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Watching this thread as I have tried to unlock mine without success.
    Won't Cingular give you the unlock code after a few months?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Won't Cingular give you the unlock code after a few months?
    Not if you are buying the phone and trying to use it on another provider!

i.e. Rogers, Fido, Tmobile etc...
  5.    #5  
    all those companies who promise to unlock are trying the same method which is used for Vodafone 750, cingular's ROM version is different from Vodafone. I tried sending IMEI and received code which did not work, than unlocking software from JIC & Nexzen and i got message
    "Looking for a phone...
    Can't get bootloader prompt !"

So I would not waste money at this moment, until there is updated boot loader
    I haven't tried to unlock the 750 yet, but had no problem getting an unlock code from Cingular last year when I traveled to Australia. Apparently, they look at the amount of time that you have been a customer of theirs and then make a determination as to whether you can be "trusted" with an unlocked unit. I'd recommend asking for a supervisor if you don't have any success with the Cingular rep.
    I purchased the 750 about a week ago, called international customer support and gave them the IMI number, #06# and she gave me the code right away. She did say that if I unlock the phone that it is out of warantee and they will no longer suport it.

If I do need to return it , or need support for any reason I would do a hard reset.

Also I have a 8525 that I requested the unlock code and that was about a week ago, told me another day or to.
    I have used this site before and it works very well.

Cingular Treo 750 - http://gsmphonesource.com/reunbyimforc3.html

Homepage - http://gsmphonesource.com/index.html
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    There is no need to pay anyone carriers are now required to provide the unlock code , no matter how long you are a customer. Period. I have a 8525 and a 750 and had not one ounce of push back from the Int department when asked. They will tell you that they will no longer support the phone, that is their business.

Also had a friend who purchased a 8525 on Sat, new to CING and requested the code on Tuesday, and they told her they would have it in 5-7 business days.
    Thats's good to know. I have not tried that as I assumed I would get some push back.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone