1.    #1  
    I currently enjoy a 25% Corporate Discount on my current bill.. I am eligable for a Phone Upgrade.. I plan to buy a 750.. Will that 25% apply to my phone upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette View Post
    I currently enjoy a 25% Corporate Discount on my current bill.. I am eligable for a Phone Upgrade.. I plan to buy a 750.. Will that 25% apply to my phone upgrade?
    The corporate discount is applied to the full retail price of the phone. I get the same discount and the phone was cheaper if I did a 2 year renewal. If you go to the premier web site (specific to your company), you will see how much it will actually cost you.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    The corporate discount is applied to the full retail price of the phone. I get the same discount and the phone was cheaper if I did a 2 year renewal. If you go to the premier web site (specific to your company), you will see how much it will actually cost you.
    How do I access the premier site for HP?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    www.cingular.com/premier - it will ask for your email address to which it will send a link. But don't get your hopes up. When I did this through my employer, where I supposedly get a 45% (or 50%, depending on whom you ask) equipment discount, the discount was taken off a "base price" of over $1100!
    What a rip-off! Your right, they take the discount off of 1139.99. It's actually cheaper with the mail-in rebate through the regular site.
    Off topic, but I'm looking to switch to Cingular as well. Being with Sprint (even if I am on a SERO plan) isn't good for me since I'm a gadget freak. If I join Cingular with a free phone and add the Media Max 200 bundle, once I get a 750 will I be able to use Cingular's UMTS / HSDPA service with the 750?

Also, can I choose any free phone and later be able to use the UMTS / HSDPA with the 750 or do I have to get a phone supporting UMTS / HSDPA when I sign up with a plan?

The cheapest UMTS / HSDPA phone I can get with a premiere account is the LG CU500 or the "Cingular SYNC" aka Samsung A707.
    I got it with our corporate discount for $349.99. I am hoping I can still get the $100 rebate also.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjayd View Post
    I got it with our corporate discount for $349.99. I am hoping I can still get the $100 rebate also.
    Interesting. How? Did you have to agree to a contract?
    Yes, that was with a 2 yr. deal. And I think I am on the 900 minutes/unlimited data plan for about $70 mo.

Quote Originally Posted by tcc View Post
    Interesting. How? Did you have to agree to a contract?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    When I called, I was told, by the first Cingular CSR I spoke with, that my final price would be $349 as well. She put me on hold and then the call was picked up by someone who said that he didn't deal with corporate discounts and transferred me to a third CSR who refused to help me at all until I first converted my account to a Cingular plan. I hung up at that point.

I think the $349 is still possible, but I have to build up the energy to try again.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I too got the Treo 750 for $349 via Cingular Premiere. That was through the Premiere telephone line though, not the Premiere web site.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Does buying through Cingular Premier also bind one to a 2-yr contract? If the contract can be avoided, then it seems like a good deal, but otherwise I don't see what benefit there really is because the phones seem pretty expensive.
    Or you can buy one from amazon.com for 99 w/ 2 year contract....
    You get discounts on the monthly contracts if you sign up on the premiere website though. I don't think you can get those if you sign up through Amazon.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Yes, you can get discounts on the service no matter where you bought it. All you have to do is request the discount (there's a link on the Premier site to do so.) I've been getting the service discount for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Yes, you can get discounts on the service no matter where you bought it. All you have to do is request the discount (there's a link on the Premier site to do so.) I've been getting the service discount for years.
    Yeah, but I would be concerned about forfeiting the Amazon rebate of $250 if you had Cingular add the 25% corporate discount?

1. will pay your balance due to Cingular each month;
    2. will not disconnect this Cingular line of service;
    3. will not transfer this equipment to another Cingular line of service;
    4. will not transfer an existing phone number to this new line of service;
    5. will not change your Cingular service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate;
    6. will not use this new line of service to replace an existing account with Cingular.

Has anyone verified if this can be done?
    Confirmed with amazon.com. You cannot port your existing number, nor would you be able to apply the corporate discount and still receive the rebates from amazon.

Therefore, the $99 Treo 750 is not possible if you want to keep your existing number and utilize your corporate discount.

CSR indicated Cingular is the only carrier that doesn't allow number porting.
    So with Amazon, all you can do is get one of the regularly priced plans and the phone with the discount? Can't port my number from Sprint and use my corporate discount?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Well, I ordered from Amazon and there was no difficulty about treating me as an upgrade of existing service with the existing phone number. It apparently depends on whether Cingular thinks I'm eligible for an upgrade (it does.)

As for the discount - I would not be moving to a lower priced plan - the plan is still $39.95. But I get a discount credit. I'd be surprised if this was not the case.