1.    #1  
    Very interested in switching to the 750 to gain the following:
    1. Faster data.
    2. Simultaneous voice and data.
    3. A2DP
    4. BT-based voice dialing

From some of the comments I read here I think some or all of these are either not designed in or broken. I have tried aftermarket A2DP on the 650 and it was quite satisfactory, so if built-in is broken I'm willing to do that. But what about the others? I had anticipated BT2, but the Cingular spec says 1.2. Crap......
    Mike Caldwell
    1. Data is great, even over just plain UMTS. With HSDPA its even faster.

2. Works, not much more I can say.

3. I stream my music and audio from videos to my Nextlink BT headphones. When I'm listening to music, I turn the screen off (use the SPACEBAR to toggle) and I control everything from the headphones. Next/Previous track, Play/Pause, Volume up/down all from the headphone joystick. Works great and the sound quality is great.

4. Don't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmike View Post
    Very interested in switching to the 750 to gain the following:
    1. Faster data.
    2. Simultaneous voice and data.
    3. A2DP
    4. BT-based voice dialing

From some of the comments I read here I think some or all of these are either not designed in or broken. I have tried aftermarket A2DP on the 650 and it was quite satisfactory, so if built-in is broken I'm willing to do that. But what about the others? I had anticipated BT2, but the Cingular spec says 1.2. Crap......
    All work just fine for me.

UMTS signal in most places. Since using the HSDPA hack, speed has increased in covered areas.

BT headset - Cardo Scala 700
    BT Stereo - NextLink Spiders
    Last edited by JGold; 01/16/2007 at 01:59 PM.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    4. VC 1.5 works great, and it is pre-installed. Don't upgrade to 1.6, it doesn't work yet.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the responses. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised. From all the hollering of other posts I expected big problems. I guess it is natural that problems get reported, but few will post "works great for me." My '650 is about four months away from two years, but is really sick, especially the "broken connector" curse, so didn't make sense to just get another 650.

Mike
    Mike Caldwell
    The problems are with car kits, basically the OBEX to be specific. I haven't had any bluetooth dropout with a headset (like the w/wx are famous for) so that's basically where the beef is. But this is an ongoing thing, for years now, hence all the aggravation.