1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I'm about to finally make the switch & take advantage of the SERO plan from Sprint & the extra RAM provided through the 700wx. However,I really hate adjusting all the settings all over again & assigning ringtones for callers & just basically the whole process. My question is,canI & would it be recommended to perform a system restore via Sprite Backup from a 700w - 700wx ?
    I wouldn't recommend it but I would personally try it anyway
    I would start fresh-but at the same time I dont see any reason why a restore from a 700w would not work. The worst case scenario is a hard reset...

Worth a try
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    I would start fresh-but at the same time I dont see any reason why a restore from a 700w would not work. The worst case scenario is a hard reset...

Worth a try
    I wouldn't suggest it because you are also importing the registry. There might be some differences due to the carriers extended ROMs on each device. Not worth the risk IMO, if there are conflicts you will hate the phone for not working right, then blame Sprint, etc etc. Yeah it will take part of your evening to do it, but you ARE getting a new phone!
    I agree, don't do it. Bite the bullet and set it up fresh. There are enough differences between the w and wx that you can screw it up by restoring from a w. It's not just a memory increase. It's an OS update and a few other tweaks. The registry will definitely be different. And if you restore without the registry your apps most likely will not work and you'll have to reinstall them anyway.
    I will personal give Sprite a try as well. As far as I know, if the replacement device has existing registry entries then a regular restore will overwrite the registry entries on the device.

A Device Upgrade Mode restore will restore all of the registry entires in the backup and NOT overwrite the registry entries already on the device. So all of your applications will get restored with the added benefit of NOT overwriting the existing registry entries.

I also suggest you have a quick read with the following link;

https://spritesoftware.crmdesk.com/a...d0%26start%3d0

Cheers
    Ah, I didn't know about that feature. That might work.
  8. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Well I finally made the switch over to Sprint from VZW & signed up for the SERO plan. The customer service is MUCH better as the reps actually want to help you & every request that is asked of them isn't followed by,I CAN'T. Goodbye VZW!!!!!!!
    Anyway,pertaining to the topic at hand,I have decided to just re-install all settings & apps w/o Sprite. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    there are a lot of VZW haters here. I've yet to have a bad experience with their customer support. In fact I paid $200 from Cingular just to get that support. I almost never lack coverage to call and I always have EVDO.

To each there own, but there is a reason VZW is the largest network (in footprint) today. My friends with sprint always seem to have issues with roming, not getting service until it switches to a VZW tower, and if there was one reason i can't stand Sprint (THE VOICEMAIL SYSTEM)

I WANT TO LEAVE A VOICE MAIL...don't prompt me for the world before hand.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkjellman View Post
    there are a lot of VZW haters here. I've yet to have a bad experience with their customer support. In fact I paid $200 from Cingular just to get that support. I almost never lack coverage to call and I always have EVDO.

To each there own, but there is a reason VZW is the largest network (in footprint) today. My friends with sprint always seem to have issues with roming, not getting service until it switches to a VZW tower, and if there was one reason i can't stand Sprint (THE VOICEMAIL SYSTEM)

I WANT TO LEAVE A VOICE MAIL...don't prompt me for the world before hand.
    I'm not a VZW hater, I just managed to make it thru my 5th grade math class.

VZW - $40 unlimited data + $40 for 450 minutes of voice...nights at 9pm

Sprint - $30 for Unlimited data and 500 minutes of voice...nights at 7pm.

Doesn't take a Rhodes scholar to figure out why people are enjoying Sprint. That said i'm sure someone will claim coverage issues but I am in an area where it's not a problem.
    It really all depends where you live. I live outside of NYC and Sprint is awful. No EVDO and mostly roaming. Its nice to save a couple of bucks, but being able to make phone calls and get speedy data pretty much everywhere? Priceless.