1.    #1  
    I have verizon and a 700w. Whenever a verizon phone sends me a message over 160 characters it will send the first 160 in one message and then another message saying the preceeding message was shortened due to some crapola. But i never get the end of the message. When i had a simple flip phone I did however... Also non-verizon phones seem to work, by this i mean if a cingular customer sends me a longer message i will get the 2 messages and not the error message... Any ideas?
    It is the ROM in the treo.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Cingular has always had that feature. T-Mobile didn't used to, I don't know know now but I had a fight in a half with them about it and finally broke my contract... It may be a verizon limitation.
  4.    #4  
    Can I get it to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdonbonjovi View Post
    I have verizon and a 700w. Whenever a verizon phone sends me a message over 160 characters it will send the first 160 in one message and then another message saying the preceeding message was shortened due to some crapola. But i never get the end of the message. When i had a simple flip phone I did however... Also non-verizon phones seem to work, by this i mean if a cingular customer sends me a longer message i will get the 2 messages and not the error message... Any ideas?
    I am not sure, but are you using the Treo SMS threaded messaging from the 750v? On sprint, I always get every provider's 2/2 messages, always complete.
  6.    #6  
    its the 700w sms messaging on verizon. idk what threaded means.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdonbonjovi View Post
    its the 700w sms messaging on verizon. idk what threaded means.
    Well if you're using the stock 700w SMS (pOutlook) program I believe that might be a problem with receiving and completing two part messages, idk, but YMMV. Try searching for the Palm Threaded Messaging application that is out there, it might help with what your looking for and it's very solid (thanks to many who brought it to the general masses).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    BOO, you made it too easy.

It's only been the TOP sticky for the past few months. Why would we want anyone to actually work to find out about their $650.00 device?