Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone had the problem of the ringer not alerting you when a call is coming in when the phone is connected to power?

    Update:

    Ok....I did a soft reset and the ringer came back. However, I noticed that even when disconnected from power ( prior to soft reset ) the ringer was not working. Even when I moved the ringer switch to silent I did not get the vibrate that tells me I have moved the phone to silent mode. All came back after soft reset. Has anyone determined what causes this to happen? My phone had not been used over night so when I woke up the screen I had to input my PIN just like I have to do if it has been asleep for 30 or more minutes.

    Like everyone else I cannot afford to miss calls.
  2.    #2  
    I need to know if this is an issue unique to only some devices or is a known overall Treo issue.

    I called Cingular and they said based on memory issues with programs running the Treo can run out of program memory causing the issue. I have Magicbutton handling this though.

    I need some feedback from the board if this is a Treo wide issue or something I need to exchange my phone for.

    Thanks!!
  3.    #3  
    Any help/input would be most appreciated.
  4. #4  
    Not sure about the 750, but my 700wx just this morning beeped at my to tell me I had a missed called. I heard no ringing whatsoever. I think it had a problem waking up from a deep sleep. I just did a hard reset yesterday so I hadn't applied the axim active sync fix yet. When I had the fix applied before I never missed a call.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Not sure about the 750, but my 700wx just this morning beeped at my to tell me I had a missed called. I heard no ringing whatsoever. I think it had a problem waking up from a deep sleep. I just did a hard reset yesterday so I hadn't applied the axim active sync fix yet. When I had the fix applied before I never missed a call.
    What is the Axim active sync fix?
  6. #6  
    I tried the Axim active sync fix and then I could no longer sync properly with my PC (always gave an error). I did install a bunch of stuff that also might have had something to do with it as well though..

    active sync fix here:
    http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showt...8&page=1&pp=20
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7.    #7  
    So is the Cingular rep right this is just a known issue due to major resource usage and you may miss a call?
  8. #8  
    I think it might be due in part to the security lockout you mentioned in your first post? What if you don't require to enter a PIN after X minutes?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  9.    #9  
    It is part of the security we have with our network....I cannot disable it unfortunatly
  10. #10  
    I have seen this behavior (silence when in the cradle attached to power) with my unbranded/unlocked 750. But not always. It wipes out all sound -- keystrokes, alerts when email arrives, everything. Soft reset is required.

    Treos are depressing.
  11. #11  
    This has happened to me too, but only when my battery is really low. Its kinda frustrating since I had to do a reset to get the sound back.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco



    HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
  12. Jeffp25's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    Has anyone had the problem of the ringer not alerting you when a call is coming in when the phone is connected to power?
    ....
    Like everyone else I cannot afford to miss calls.
    If you let the power on the phone drop below some critical level (20%?) before re-charging, the phone turns off the ringer/buzzer functions to save power. It is supposed to turn them back on once the power recovers, but it doesn't always do that, and requires a reset (once charged/charging) to restore the ringer.
  13. webedc's Avatar
    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #13  
    The sudden loss of all sounds (and solvable by soft-reset) can happen even when the battery is way above 20%. I tried to follow the Palm KB instructions, including turning off Voice Command, and am still running into it once in a while. The frustrating thing is there's no pattern.

    The two major issues with my 750 are this and the miniSD card vanishing for no reason. Hope the WM6+HSDPA upgrade will fix these but I highly doubt it.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  14. Jeffp25's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    The sudden loss of all sounds (and solvable by soft-reset) can happen even when the battery is way above 20%. I tried to follow the Palm KB instructions, including turning off Voice Command, and am still running into it once in a while. The frustrating thing is there's no pattern.
    For me, the pattern does appear to be that the power has gone low. BUT, it doesn't always happen when the power goes low.
  15. webedc's Avatar
    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp25 View Post
    For me, the pattern does appear to be that the power has gone low. BUT, it doesn't always happen when the power goes low.
    It seems that you're right. Last night my battery went below 20% and the sound (all the sound, not just the ringer) shut off. The sound did not come back even though I charged it up back to over 20%. I had to soft-reset.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607

Posting Permissions