1.    #1  
    I purchased the Treo 750 on January 5 and I really like the phone and all of its capabilities. However, there are a few annoyances that I have experienced. First: Has anyone noticed that if you look closely at the border between the silver frame around the screen and the blue rubbery material that there is a gap from which you can see inside the phone. It's almost like the parts do not fit together properly or that it was not assembled correctly. I thought it was just my phone and so I went to the corporate store and their live demo also has the same "assembly issue". Also the screen is not flush with the silver border and so things (dust, particles) could easily just fall inside the phone. IMO these issues should not exist in such an expensive electronic device. I actually returned the first phone for this reason and the second phone was assembled perfectly fine. However, the second phone had two dead pixels in the center of the screen. This one was also returned and my third 750 now has the assembly issue (not as bad as the first, but bad enough) and 1 dead pixel right in the address field for IE. The corporate store has a waiting list of 10+ people, the other store where I received the latest treo is out of units. Customer care refuses to send me a new one because I am still in the return policy period. I am starting to think that my expectations for these devices are too high. ?? Has anyone else experienced any of these issues and if so would you just ignore them? The Cingular reps at the store seem to think these are trivial issues. Maybe so if I were buying a $50 Razor or some other less expensive phone. Because I really like this device I am probably going to give it another shot in hopes that I will finally receive a unit without these flaws. Any thoughts? Sorry for the venting...
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Mine seems to be assembled fine, maybe it's just Cingular who got the duds
    I don't have the assembly issue or dead pixels. First I've heard of it too. Where exactly is it not flush with the device? ALL THE WAY AROUND the silver?
  4.    #4  
    On the right verticle border it is the worst (1/8 " gap), but all around there is a separation. It seems this should be sealed in order to help keep moisture and debris out of the electronics.

I should add that in regards to the dead pixels I did not notice I had the dead pixels until I removed the screen protector. I'm not saying to remove your screen protector but mine, out-of-the box, had particles under it and was not applied very smoothly so I removed it and then noticed the pixel issue.
    Last edited by ggarrett; 01/16/2007 at 10:11 AM.
    Yeah I don't see it at all w/my 750v
  6.    #6  
    Well, I am sure that I have just gotten into a bad batch. I am trying to decide if I should try another in-store exchange or just return it to the store and then order one from customer care... or I guess i could just deal with it and move on. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarrett View Post
    Well, I am sure that I have just gotten into a bad batch. I am trying to decide if I should try another in-store exchange or just return it to the store and then order one from customer care... or I guess i could just deal with it and move on. haha
    I can see a very small gap on the left side of the phone, but if you look closely at a lot of products, you'll see things that don't fit 100% well. I bet I can see it on all Treos really.

But there shouldn't be any dead pixels.
    Bad pixels are unacceptable as far as I am concerned. For me too, this is the first time I have heard of the problems you are having with new units. I hope you can get a good one and am really sorry to hear about what would appear to be deteriorating quality control. Good Luck!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I can see a very small gap on the left side of the phone, but if you look closely at a lot of products, you'll see things that don't fit 100% well. I bet I can see it on all Treos really.

But there shouldn't be any dead pixels.

You are right, and I can confirm that every unit has assembly flaws, some worse than others.

Even though the pixels are very small it just bugs me since it is right in the IE address field. Does the warranty cover a single dead pixel if say I just wait until the return period is over and then go through Cingular warranty services. Do you think they would simply replace the device or replace the LCD?
    On a 240x240 device, even on a 640x480 screen, there shouldn't be any dead pixels. On a 1900x1200 computer monitor, yes, 1-3 pixels is an "acceptable tolerance" but not on such a low-res screen. They should just swap it out. Next time you do swap it out, I would just power it on in the store to ensure there are no dead pixels.