Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I just received a credit to my credit card for this Amazon order. I spoke with an Amazon representative and my order is still in place.. This is

#1. Ridiculous
    #2. Crazy
    #3. Very strange

I've never had such an odd, interesting dealing with having a product shipped. Apparently, Amazon has these phones in stock (or so the website says) and they're not shipping them for another few weeks. I just don't get it. And I don't get my cancelled order that's still in the system. Maybe I'm in the twilight zone...
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    Just checked and I got this... Hopefully within a few hours, I will be playng.. I mean working...

Also, I was month to month with Cingular and did a renewal instead of a new service. My months changed to 24 months, but my plan and data plan did not change. I was surprised to see that they did not change those items even though they changed me to 24 months. Do you get to keep the same plan if you are just renewing and only need to change to theirs with a new contract?

MILWAUKEE,
    WI, US 01/30/2007 5:28 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
    Tracking Number: 1Z 410 E7W 13
    Type: Package
    Scheduled Delivery: 01/30/2007
    Shipped to: DACULA, GA, US
    Shipped or Billed on: 01/29/2007
    Service Type: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
    Weight: 2.00 Lbs

I will let you guys know this afternoon when if arrives...
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Just wanted to let you guys know my situation. I had originally ordered on the 19th or so of Jan. The site said "would ship soon".

After calling them a week later asking why then my "estimated delivery date" was in MARCH, I asked the girl on the phone if it was because I had chose their express shipping. She said she didnt know. So she (without my consent) changed it to next day shipping. That pushed my date BACK even FURTHER.

Long story short, after numerous more phone calls and dicking around with them, I noticed that on last Saturday that it said "AVAILABLE", while my current order still said "Delivery date, March 23rd". Hahaha. Idiots. So I call and talked to a very helpful rep (first one out of the bunch).

Mine is on the truck to be delivered within the next few hours, as well as they credited me FREE overnight shipping, AND $40 (dont ask how, but it seems everytime I called and talked to a rep and sounded agravated as all hell, they credited me apx. $10 each time). LOL

So with the $50 rebate, I am paying $9 for my Treo.
    Islndboi in terms of hsdpa compared to EV-DO it's quite noticeable. The 750 with the hack installed gets me speeds from 700-960kbit/sec, my 700wx goes from about 400-800. The 750 is the fastest Treo, the speed is noticeable.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Hey everyone. Just to let you know. If you go to a Cingular store an ask to get a copy of the rebate form, it's a $100 rebate and not $50. And the fine print is exactly the way it is on the Amazon rebate form.

I havent tried it yet, but thats the form Im going to send in. I would love to get an additional $50 visa card.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Is this the rebate form you got from the store?

http://www.cingular.com/global/MEDIA...ice_033107.pdf

If so, it's not the same. It says "For devices purchased from Cingular Online only. 2 year service commitments only" on the top title.

Amazon ones says "Official Cingular Rebate Mail-In Redemption Form - National Distribution"

Use at your own risk...
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Is this the rebate form you got from the store?

http://www.cingular.com/global/MEDIA...ice_033107.pdf

If so, it's not the same. It says "For devices purchased from Cingular Online only. 2 year service commitments only" on the top title.

Amazon ones says "Official Cingular Rebate Mail-In Redemption Form - National Distribution"

Use at your own risk...

Nope, this one says " Limited Time offer with activation on a qualified plan. Offer good December 31, 2006 though Jan 20, 2007.

Its identical with the amazon one except this has 3 columns of phones and is REVISON 2
    Here is a link to the rebate. Get it while you can

http://www.cartoys.com/cartoy/Rebate...ar_07Jan20.pdf
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I don't qualify since I ordered on the 24th. On well, just the luck of the draw...
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The following strongly suggests to me that this rebate form is not valid for amazon.com:

Offer valid only with the purchase of a qualified Cingular device with activation on a qualified service plan from a participating Cingular Wireless Retail Store, DMDR, or Authorized
    Agent between December 31, 2006 and January 20, 2007.
    The rebate linked to on Amazon says:

Offer valid only with the purchase of a qualified Cingular device with activation on a qualified service plan from a participating National Distribution
    Location between January 21, 2007 and March 31, 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    The following strongly suggests to me that this rebate form is not valid for amazon.com:
    Im calling them to see.

*edit*
    well, they said it could go through and maybe not. But if it doesnt, your hosed because they keep everything you sent in, so you couldnt resend it with the amazon one.
    Last edited by jdk2man; 01/30/2007 at 02:20 PM.
    Everything look great! I hope all gets theirs soon...
    Received my 750 today... Looking at Amazons agreement, if I port my Sprint number over to this line that I got with the 750, I am looking at a $250 service fee from Amazon?

Is that correct? If so, it seems a little strange Cingular would prevent Amazon from allowing a port.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeworks View Post
    Received my 750 today... Looking at Amazons agreement, if I port my Sprint number over to this line that I got with the 750, I am looking at a $250 service fee from Amazon?

Is that correct? If so, it seems a little strange Cingular would prevent Amazon from allowing a port.
    From my research in Hofo, it seems that you can port over your number, but MAKE SURE that the rep who does it does not cancel and recreate your account. It seems that some reps are doing that in the process, and when that happens, you owe Amazon $250.
    Just an FYI...

Order Date: January 16, 2007
    Items shipped on January 30, 2007:
    Delivery estimate: February 6, 2007 - March 8, 2007

Destination: West Palm Beach, FL, United States
    Estimated Arrival: March 8, 2007

January 30, 2007 --- US Carrier notified to pick up package

March 8th? I don't know.. I think I will have my 750 soon...
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    Ordered on Jan 14, and stupidly choose the RAZR v3i as well (family plan) and that was outta stock, so finally shipping today and should have it by friday....
    Looks like the price has gone up today. It's currently $174.99 after rebate.

Meanwhile, I ordered on January 26th and haven't heard a peep about shipping. Called Amazon yesterday and was told they were out of stock. I pointed out that the website said "In stock", but the customer service rep couldn't see that on her end. Odd. And frustrating.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Sal, you'll get a better delivery estimate from UPS once they have picked up the package.

I complained to Amazon that the "2 day delivery" I selected is going to be three days because they shipped by UPS Ground from Kentucky to New Hampshire. I know that Amazon will ship Ground if they think it will get there in the allotted time, but they should have known better in this case.

I got a reply saying that it really should be there by EOD of the second day (which would be today), but I know that's not going to happen because the package is currently sitting in a UPS distribution center "one hop" away from me. I will get it tomorrow, I'm sure. Amazon gave me a $10 credit and may do more when I tell them that it indeed did not show up on their schedule.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I placed my order on Jan. 18, here are my shipping info
    Shipping estimate: February 16, 2007 - March 2, 2007
    Delivery estimate: February 20, 2007 - March 6, 2007

When I first contacted them, they said the hold up was that the Treo 750 was on backorder (I order a blackjack and 3 razr's too). When I found out the Treo 750 was now in stock, and my shipping information didn't change, I sent them a e-mail and this is what I got back:

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused by the change in
    anticipated delivery date. Please be assured that we will do
    everything we can to ensure that your order is shipped and delivered
    as efficiently as possible.

Please allow me to explain, each item on our web site is listed with
    an availability estimate. Items shown as "In Stock" are in stock at
    one of our U.S. fulfillment centers. An availability estimate which
    states a specific time or range of time means that we expect to
    receive the item from our supplier within the specified amount of
    time after your order is placed.

We use the availability estimate to calculate the Estimated Shipping
    Date that appears on the last page of the order form, just before
    you submit your order. This is the date we expect your package to
    leave our fulfillment center.

Please bear in mind that our availability estimates refer to the
    amount of time it will take before the item leaves our fulfillment
    center; to determine when the order will arrive, you will need to
    add the estimated delivery time for the shipping method you choose.

After you choose the delivery method, we add your desired delivery
    speed to the Estimated Shipping Date to provide you with an
    Estimated Delivery Date. (We also factor in days when express
    pickup and delivery is not available such as weekends and holidays.)

We use your desire for a specific delivery date along with our
    knowledge of carrier capabilities (acquired through sending millions
    of shipments) to select the most appropriate and efficient shipping
    service available to meet the delivery estimate.

I have passed your message along to the appropriate person in our
    company. We always value customer feedback such as yours, as it
    helps us continue to improve the service we provide.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast