Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdk2man View Post
    Not sure, My credit sucks big time but I ordered at 1:30 and they shipped the phone by 8:30.
    I'm in delayed shipping/credit approval limbo at the mercy of Amazon.com
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I ordered today and got approved almost instantly. But Amazon says it won't ship until mid-February! I don't really care, as long as I don't miss out on the rebate.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    I ordered today and got approved almost instantly. But Amazon says it won't ship until mid-February! I don't really care, as long as I don't miss out on the rebate.
    I ordered mine Friday night the 12th, and was approved but i was also given Feb 15th as ship date. I paid for Next Day and I got an email at 9pm on Jan 16th saying it was shipped, and I received mine from AMAZON today.

So you should get yours before that date. They told me that once they get them in they ship them out, and they give the 1 Month for shipping because they don't have any in stock.

I cannot believe they can sell them that cheaply.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Doesn't make a lot of sense to me either, but they evidently get a $250 payment from Cingular for signing up "new" customers.
    do you still get the rebate if you sign up after 1/20?

the rebate is from cingular, not amazon. so you aren't able to activate the phone until you get it, which may be sometime in feb.

let's see how "cheap" it is:

cingular plan (voice and data - min 80 a month, 90 if you want sms).
    (not inc. taxes)

80x24 months= 1920, plus 100 for phone is 2120.

payment to amazon is 250, which means the Treo costs 300 to cingular and they are keeping 50 for their overhead.

interesting to note
    you get 450 min a month, rollover max of 5400 min a (if you use zero voice minute; rollovers expire 12 months from orginal month.).

so you are paying $2120 for 10,800 min (450 min a month) for two years.

if you did t-mobile prepaid, you could get 21,000 minutes that never expire (as long as you reload once a year, mininum $20).
    and no contract break fee. and it works wherever cingular does, as it's gsm.

but the trick is the data...there is no prepaid data, so basically you have to decide if the price is worth it.
    Yes, lets see how cheap it is:

Since you cant get the 750 on TMobile, I dont know why its even being compared.

So lets just see how much cheaper it is going through amazon:

item Amazon Cingular

phone ---------100 ----------------400

1400min
    family plan----80-------------------90

data plan----- 40 ------------------ 45 unlimited

2nd phone
    samsun sync
    a707 ----------1---------------------50

Also remember that the 100 rebate you get from cingular to get it down to 399 is 2 $50 visa cards.

The out of pocket for me was 150 for both phones. My out of pocket with cingular would have been 450.

This is the way to go.
    You won't be able to use the UMTS / HSDPA with T-Mobile.
    Just ordered mine. Free 2 day shipping (if they are available).

I got the expected mid Feb ship date also. Hopefully ill get lucky like some of the other guys that go 'em right away.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    Just ordered mine. Free 2 day shipping (if they are available).

I got the expected mid Feb ship date also. Hopefully ill get lucky like some of the other guys that go 'em right away.

Mine said MID Feb as the ship date, but I got an email Tuesday saying it shipped, and received my TREO 750 on Wednesday (i paid for NEX DAY).

I am loving it.
    DOH!!

Im not eligable for another 4 months... which isnt ok cause my 650 decided it was gonna stop working last night.

What you guys think... I guess I could start a new line? Im screwed....
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Buy one on ebay. Instead of paying the $40 or $50 data plans, keep your mediamax plan. Over the course of a year or year and a half it would have paid for itself.
    Lowest BuyItNow price is like 600. Even if I got another line added and canceled it in 181 days it would still be less....
    Hmmm... Amazon won't let me choose the $39.99 plan with this.
    It let me choose it when I did it...
    When did you buy your 750 from Amazon? I've been trying since last night. When I add the 750 first, then check the plans, it doesn't show the $39 plan. When I click on the all plans or more plans on the bottom of the page, my selection of the 750 disappears. When I start with the $39 plan first, then look for the 750, the plan selection disappears.
    After I added the phone, it took me to the plan page. The 450 ( 39.99 ) plan was the first one on the list...
    When did you do this? I've tried from several different computer and have cleared cookies. I can't get both to add.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    When did you do this? I've tried from several different computer and have cleared cookies. I can't get both to add.
    I have just tried it right now and it works..............

Just select phone, then say you're just upgrade you contract, then that's it.

Here proof:

Shopping Cart Items--To Buy Now Price: Qty:
    Item added on January 19, 2007

Cingular Nation 450 Rollover Minutes + palm Treo 750 Smartphone Product Bundle
    In stock soon. Order now to get in line. First come, first served.

Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
    $149.99

+ Cingular Nation 450 Rollover Minutes
    (Monthly service charge of $39.99 billed by Cingular)

+ Cingular 2 Year Contract
    (No Charge: Included with Cingular's Monthly Rate Plan)

+ I already have Cingular service and want to extend my contract with them.
    (No Charge: Included with Cingular's Monthly Rate Plan)

+ PDA Connect Unlimited (Browse the web and access e-mail.)
    (Monthly service charge of $39.99 billed by Cingular)

+ Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee
    (Monthly service charge of $1.25 billed by Cingular)
    Oh you have to do an upgrade. I'm not a current customer so I have to choose New Service Plan.

Edit:
    Just tried it your way (choosing upgrade) and it doesn't show the $39.99 plan after I choose the 750.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Oh you have to do an upgrade. I'm not a current customer so I have to choose New Service Plan.

Edit:
    Just tried it your way (choosing upgrade) and it doesn't show the $39.99 plan after I choose the 750.
    Well, you can choose "New Service" and it should the same way. I'll try it right now................

After you have selected the Service, you'll need to select the Data Package (39.99 or 49.99) I choose $39.99 and on the bottom right hand side, you need to select "Add Plan Options" and then "Skip Accessories and go to cart"

You should fine.....
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast