1.    #1  
    I keep seeing Treo 750's advertised as "New In Box, Unlocked" on Ebay for less than what Cingular's website sells it for. Palm's Treo store doesn't have it online either.

The problem is, I am already a customer of Cingular, but they won't let me buy the phone unless I sign up for a new service plan and all that extra stuff I don't want. I need just the phone to replace my aging Treo 650, but apparently can't buy 'just the phone' from their store.

Where can I get just the phone?

How are people selling 'just the phone' on Ebay (and for less than Cingular?)
    You can't buy just the phone from Cingular's website, but if you go top one of their "company owned" stores (not an authorized reseller) they will sell you the phone without a contract extension for $649.99. Prices on eBay went from about $600 - $700. They are able to sell the phone cheaper becuase they are sending for the Cingular rebates or they qualify for a FAN corporate discount. One eBay seller actually states that the phone box will be missing the upc codes becuase of submitting for the rebate.
    Last edited by eneisch; 01/16/2007 at 07:22 AM.
    I got mine on ebay for 599.00 BUY IT NOW...The seller was great and I had it the next day.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I got a 750 last week off of ebay brand new in box for $550, which included 1-day overnight shipping. It wasn't unlocked though. It still had the barcode and everything. Don't know how this person got it, but I'm a happy camper.
    Quote Originally Posted by stoic_atarian View Post
    I keep seeing Treo 750's advertised as "New In Box, Unlocked" on Ebay for less than what Cingular's website sells it for. Palm's Treo store doesn't have it online either.

The problem is, I am already a customer of Cingular, but they won't let me buy the phone unless I sign up for a new service plan and all that extra stuff I don't want. I need just the phone to replace my aging Treo 650, but apparently can't buy 'just the phone' from their store.

Where can I get just the phone?

How are people selling 'just the phone' on Ebay (and for less than Cingular?)
    When does you contract expire ?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmk2888 View Post
    When does you contract expire ?
    Not sure of the exact day, but sometime in early 2008.
    I walked into the Cingular store in San Jose, CA on Hillsdale on Monday, 1/9/07... Waited my turn and asked to buy a 750. They told me it was $499.00 with a $100.00 rebate.

I told them that everything I read said they were cheaper.

He told me since I was the first to buy one, he'd give it to me for $399.00 and I'll still get the rebate.

I have had Cingular for 2 years plus already, so extending the contract 2 years didn't bug me.
    I'm not a gynecologist, but I can take a look at it for you...