Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geezy View Post
    this what I'm worried about. programs not workin right. and the sprint home page is a gem imo. I do like how I can get programs from there and was planin to do the same on wx. but I guess I can't. what about pic mail does wx have that at least. I fear the exta button presses to get to other menus. I will hopefully play wit one of my co-workers b4 I decide. but these r alod answer some good some not.. but all great.
    yeah a lot of apps dont work right. there is a program called nyditot. It actually scales down your screen so you get an emulated resolution of 360x360 but it doesnt work on all programs. Also, i never use picture mail, i just email pics, but the insert is grayed out so you cant insert an attachment into your text message. yeah i missed the sprint homepage. I remember purchasing warfare incorporated and pocket tunes deluxe on my old 650. when i got my 700p i went to the content manager and the apps were there waiting on my to download. Im telling you, keep your 700p if you have any doubt about switching. im impatiently waiting on the motorola q to come available and im dumping my 700wx
    BTW Mercedes quality isn't exactly above average. Their quality are poorer than most Japanese import cars.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Quote Originally Posted by RStall View Post
    why not??? We are paying Mercedes prices and getting Chevy quality. If a person is paying Mercedes money, they should get or at least expect Ford and Chevy combined quality.
    You missed the point of my post. I wasn't comparing the relative value of Ford or Chevy, or Mercedes - I was just saying if you're changing brands (or operating systems), dont expect the new brand (or operating system) to work just the like old one.

How about this - you've used Tide laundry detergent for a long time, and then you swtich to Oxydol (or whatever) and you want the new stuff to work just like the old stuff. And then, huh - lo and behold; it doesn't. Dang it, you say - I want the new thing to work just lilke the old thing.

Well - either keep the old thing, or just don't beyotch about the new thing.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    You missed the point of my post. I wasn't comparing the relative value of Ford or Chevy, or Mercedes - I was just saying if you're changing brands (or operating systems), dont expect the new brand (or operating system) to work just the like old one.

How about this - you've used Tide laundry detergent for a long time, and then you swtich to Oxydol (or whatever) and you want the new stuff to work just like the old stuff. And then, huh - lo and behold; it doesn't. Dang it, you say - I want the new thing to work just lilke the old thing.

Well - either keep the old thing, or just don't beyotch about the new thing.
    oh no I get your point. it sort of reminds me of the old school nintendo vs sega clash. sega was technical superior but lacked games. sort of like the 700p and the nintendo of course is 700wx.

I personally prefer windows products, but this 700wx is probably my worst phone. my best, surprisingly was the old mpx 200. that little phone was nice!!!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    BTW Mercedes quality isn't exactly above average. Their quality are poorer than most Japanese import cars.
    uh huh I doubt you would prefer a toyota over a mercedes if you had a choice if the two were equally priced...
    Quote Originally Posted by RStall View Post
    uh huh I doubt you would prefer a toyota over a mercedes if you had a choice if the two were equally priced...

Yes, but only for immediate resale value at a profit. I'd rather drive the Toyota or Honda.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    For those of you that switched from a 700p to a 700wx, did u have to delete the palm desktop and other programs for the palm off your computer first? Also, did u change your back up folder to a backupold folder so that you could start fresh? I am looking for feedback on what i should do before syncing my wx to the computer and having problems from the 700P programs and backup. Any help with this will be appreciated.

thanks
    SmoothG, the p use different syncing software so you should be fine leaving the old Palm software on your PC. The p uses Hotsync while the wx uses activesync. Activesync will sync with your copy of Outlook. You will want to setup your p to sync with Outlook so all your contacts and such are synced over. Then install the activesync from the wx CD and it will sync all that info over.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Thanks...I am already syncing with outlook so it shouldn't be a problem. I just wanted to make sure their would not be an issue with the programs from the 700P on the backup folder trying to sync on the wx.

thanks
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I have another quick question...What program would i use or that comes on the CD would I be using to download and install programs onto the wx when syncing? this may be another thread but i figured i would kill two birds with one stone here.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothG View Post
    I have another quick question...What program would i use or that comes on the CD would I be using to download and install programs onto the wx when syncing? this may be another thread but i figured i would kill two birds with one stone here.
    There's no additonal program to install on the wx to sync. But you'll need to install ActiveSync on your laptop/desktop. I encourage you to go to Windows Mobile website http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile to get the latest version.

BTW, I'm also a 700p user contemplating to switch to either a 700wx or 750. I've got a loaner 700wx from Palm Developer Network Loaner Program http://www.viennachannels.com/loginpage.php?P=dev. For $20 (which is the shipping/handling fee) I can test a 700wx for 2 months (and 1 month extension is possible) along with my 700p. I think this is the best way to find out if 700wx/750 is what you want.

** In order to sign up for the loaner program, you need to join the Palm Developer Network first: https://pdn.palm.com/regac/pdn/index.jsp.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Thanks for the information. I had my 700P since january and someone bought me a wx so i didn't have to pay for it at all. now i am going to see how the wx works by testing it out and activating it. I will still have my 700P handy if i want to go back to it.

This will be interesting tho for me to learn how the software is incorporated or synced onto the wx without any program. I guess I have become accustomed to the separate program needed to sync software on the 700P.
    I'll admit it, I went from my 650p to my 700wx and I was VERY frustrated. No threaded text, no video mail, couldn't run most of the programs I had because of the 240x240 screen. I had issues with Bluetooth and syncing with my car.

One day I had the whole phone back in the box and was about to bring it back to the store, although I was really going to miss EVDO.

Either way, I decided not to be a quitter. I got the phone back out and did my research here. I got the threaded SMS program, the A2DP BT Stack, Today's Agenda, The Sprint MMS program for picture mail after the Threaded SMS hack, and last but not least Jetware.

I admit that Palm does need to fix some of their crap... But where there is a will there's a way. After a little research and time my 700wx works perfect. I couldn't image ever going back to Palm. I have some VGA utilities to run what doesn't normally run on 240x240, I have Sling box, I have all my E-mail, Excel... So many things that I could never have done with the Palm OS. I don't think I could imagine ever going back now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12