1.    #1  
    I have downloaded and installed PDANEt and I am amayzed! It instantly connected my laptop to the internet using the USB cable attached to my Treo 750. Has anyone using this gotten hit with any big data fee's? I have an unlimited plan...the PDAConnect $40 one. Does the data when connected to my phone look any different then normal surfing on my phone when not attached to my laptop? If Cingular cannot tell the difference then this is a keeper for me!!! I rarely would use this anyway but being able to in that rare instance when I need to do something on line while traveling ( like at the airport ) is huge!

Just want to know if anyone else is using it and their experiences.

Thanks!!
    why pay for PDAnet when you can just tether with the Treo's software?
    And to answer your question, just don't raise any red flags by dl'ing too much and you'll be fine most likely.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks....I would probably only use this rarely anyway so do not think I am ever going to be in a red flag status as you indicated above.

However, since I already have the software I am curious on how you can tether without PDANET?
    I use DUN once in a while, I use tons of data from verichat, chatter and browsing.. Never had a question, they take off my $20 unlimited plan every once in a while, I call, complain and the put it back on.
    Yea, how do you teather without PDA net. Do you get HSDPA/UMTS speeds? I always had to use PDAnet with my 650 i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    Thanks....I would probably only use this rarely anyway so do not think I am ever going to be in a red flag status as you indicated above.

However, since I already have the software I am curious on how you can tether without PDANET?
    I've tethered wtih Bluetooth on my laptop, but I haven't set up a USB connection yet (waiting for my sync/charge cable that I ordered off of this site). I did sync via USB and BT on my 8525 and setup is the same. I did it a while ago so I don't remember the steps, but all major forums have instructions on how to do so.
    For bluetooth, just follow the normal procedure for tethering with any bluetooth device (I use a Mac, not familiar with the PC steps). For USB, use the modem link application for a PC, this doesn't work for a Mac.

Bluetooth on the 750 is fast enough to keep up with the data rates for UMTS. HSDPA is faster unless you have bluetooth 2.0 with EDR (note normal bluetooth 2.0 without EDR runs the same speed as 1.2).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680