1.    #1  
    Hey everyone, I just tried to install some apps on my new and beloved Treo 750. Hmm...It comes back with an error messages saying ActiveSync is not installed. Well, Vista doesn't work with ActiveSync. It has a much more advanced "Mobile sync center", which worked PERFECTLY on my 8525. My system does recognize the Treo 750 and I can browse it just like I could my 8525. Installing applications was also never an issue with my 8525, so I am befuddled as to why it won't work with the 750. They're both Windows Mobile 5 devices, so why won't it let me do it??? Any answers would be highly appreciated as I refuse to go back to XP. lol...
    I was having issues as well but downloading Beta 3 of the Mobile Sync center seemed to fix the issue over USB, I still can't sync over Bluetooth. However DUN is the reverse; I can do Bluetooth but not USB...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Hey everyone, I just tried to install some apps on my new and beloved Treo 750. Hmm...It comes back with an error messages saying ActiveSync is not installed. Well, Vista doesn't work with ActiveSync. It has a much more advanced "Mobile sync center", which worked PERFECTLY on my 8525. My system does recognize the Treo 750 and I can browse it just like I could my 8525. Installing applications was also never an issue with my 8525, so I am befuddled as to why it won't work with the 750. They're both Windows Mobile 5 devices, so why won't it let me do it??? Any answers would be highly appreciated as I refuse to go back to XP. lol...
    you can go into setting connections tab. Click on on usb to pc and uncheck advance network settings. This solved my sync issue in vista
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzy View Post
    you can go into setting connections tab. Click on on usb to pc and uncheck advance network settings. This solved my sync issue in vista
    Hey, thanks for the response. I tried that but it still doesn't work. I can browse the Treo just fine and transfer pics and apps to either the device or the SD card. Should I be able to install the app by moving it to the Treo? It comes back with a message saying "...is not a valid PocketPC application"...

This was NEVER a problem with the 8525 and Vista. I don't get this. Help!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Well in order for me to get WMDC working correctly i uninstalled it and reinstall the WMDC then i did the settings like the one above to get it working. Otherwise my vista won't even see the treo. In order to install apps on your device i have to click on the add/remove programs inside WMDC and it will automatically install the software onto the phone. I notice that if you try instlaling a non wm5 compatible software that's when it'll stop installing.
  6.    #6  
    I'm sorry, but what does WMDC stand for? Do you mean the Windows Mobile Sync Center??? On mine, I can browse my Treo and move files to it just fine like I could with the 8525. It also recognizes my 2GB miniSD card. The only thing I can't do is install apps from within Vista, which was never a problem with my 8525. Thanks for your help...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Windows Mobile Device Center

and yes that happen to me too but since i remove the advance networking checked mark in usb to pc section in settings it worked and i can sync and install programs I can only suggest that you uninstall the WMDC in add/remove programs and reinstall.
  8.    #8  
    Alright, problem solved. It turns out that I never had WMDC installed properly, so I downloaded and installed WMDC Beta 3. It even works flawlessly with USB to PC advance network settings checked. I am in Treo 750 heaven...Heaven I tell you. hehe...Now all I need is the manual network selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Alright, problem solved. It turns out that I never had WMDC installed properly, so I downloaded and installed WMDC Beta 3. It even works flawlessly with USB to PC advance network settings checked. I am in Treo 750 heaven...Heaven I tell you. hehe...Now all I need is the manual network selection.
    Oops, I meant Mobile Device Center in post #2. What a difference one word makes. Glad you got it resolved.
    I was able to make it sync with the 700W but it would let me install or move files onto the Treo. Where can I find beta 3?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    I was able to make it sync with the 700W but it would let me install or move files onto the Treo. Where can I find beta 3?
    Here you go:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

For some reason, it correctly installed with my 8525, but I have a dual-boot and the second Vista didn't like my Treo...until now! This thing better make it out of beta as my trusty Vista countdown clock is telling me 9 days 8 hours and 52 minutes.
    Thanks for the tip on the advanced networking with the 'USB to PC' connection on the Treo 750. I had to uncheck this as well to get my 750 to sync with Vista...otherwise Vista would see the Treo, but the sync would just go on until I stopped it and it would never complete successfully.
    Whitney Roberts
    I did the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor today. I have a new Compaq V6000 Media Center PC. I am somewhat concerned with the items that are not currently supported or incompatible including ActiveSync. I dont see why I would take a chance on upgrading to Vista even though I qualify for a free upgrade. Here are just 2 important items. Kind of nefarious that Norton does not work and may not be reinstalled.

Norton Internet Security Symantec Corporation Microsoft This program must be uninstalled before upgrading to Windows Vista. After upgrading, you will not be able to reinstall the program due to compatibility issues. For more information, go to the vendor's website.

Microsoft ActiveSync 4.0 Microsoft Corporation 4.2.4875.0 Microsoft This program has compatibility issues and will not work in Windows Vista. For more information, go to the vendor's website

More here

NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management NVIDIA There is no compatibility data available for this device. For more information, go to the device manufacturer's website or Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.

NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller NVIDIA There is no compatibility data available for this device. For more information, go to the device manufacturer's website or Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 NVIDIA There is no compatibility data available for this device. For more information, go to the device manufacturer's website or Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.

Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN Broadcom There is no compatibility data available for this device. For more information, go to the device manufacturer's website or Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.

NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller NVIDIA There is no compatibility data available for this device. For more information, go to the device manufacturer's website or Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.

NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller NVIDIA Corporation There is no compatibility data available for this device. For more information, go to the device manufacturer's website or Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.

Ricoh xD-Picture Card Host Controller Ricoh Company There is no compatibility data available for this device. For more information, go to the device manufacturer's website or Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.

Conexant High Definition Audio Conexant There is no compatibility data available for this device. For more information, go to the device manufacturer's website or Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.

HP Quick Launch Buttons Hewlett-Packard There is no compatibility data available for this device. For more information, go to the device manufacturer's website or Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.

NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator NVIDIA There is no compatibility data available for this device. For more information, go to the device manufacturer's website or Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.

HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP CXT There is no compatibility data available for this device. For more information, go to the device manufacturer's website or Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    There are other programs that work with Vista for security. I am using PC-cillin and there are others. Symantec will have an version available by the time Vista comes out next Tuesday.

You will need WMDC to sync your device with Vista. See here

As far as your video card, I do not know what model you have but check Nvidia's website for an upgrade to your drivers. Most likely you will find them there.

For the rest, check manufacturer websites for updated drivers. That being said, some things just wont work...

I upgraded three PC's and a couple laptops with Vista in November and December, and only had a couple minor problems, mostly with my sound cards, but found the right drivers and everything works fine.