1.    #1  
    Got the 24 Season Premier from bit torrent...about 346 MB file. I tried transferring it to the storage card through Active Sync, but it was going painfully slow...like 1 MB every 3-4 seconds.

Tried transferring from my USB drive to the SD card on a friends laptop (I don't have SD drive). His reader didn't recognize the 2 GB card. Why's that?

Another friend's laptop recognized the card, but wouldn't transfer files to it. Message poped up saying something about being write protected. It's not.

Is this a software or hardware issue...WMR or something? It's an .avi file.

What's the best way to get the file on my SD card?
    It's a card reader issue, from what I've seen before in these cases.
    I'm not sure if it's for all types of files, but in the past (with MP3s for example) if I didn't use ActiveSync to transfer the files weren't recognized by WMP. I figured ActiveSync does some sort of converting during the transfer.

I have a simple Sandisk 10-in-1 card reader that works great for all SD and CF cards I've tried.
  4.    #4  
    Here's a related thread..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=SD+file

The laptop reader issue revolves around drivers it seems...

The WM5 Card mounter program is installed and allows the card to show up in File Explorer, while still installed in the Treo. It does recognize the 2GB card in the Treo.

My big video file (282 MB) says it will take another 15 more minutes....maybe a transcode would be better. Anyone have luck with the little adapters that let you put an SD Card in a PCMCIA slot. Maybe I'd get a better transfer rate. Is this Treo USB 2.0? Not even sure if my Laptop is.....
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Here's a related thread..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=SD+file

The laptop reader issue revolves around drivers it seems...

The WM5 Card mounter program is installed and allows the card to show up in File Explorer, while still installed in the Treo. It does recognize the 2GB card in the Treo.

My big video file (282 MB) says it will take another 15 more minutes....maybe a transcode would be better. Anyone have luck with the little adapters that let you put an SD Card in a PCMCIA slot. Maybe I'd get a better transfer rate. Is this Treo USB 2.0? Not even sure if my Laptop is.....
    The Treo is definitely NOT 2.0. Activesyn 4.5 Beta 2 claims to improve data transfer rate, but by how much who knows.
  6.    #6  
    ...think my dorky USB cable lost connection toward the end. Transfer stopped. Had a bunch of Notification errors also...calnot...regnot. Will try again later...
    What's the best way to get the file on my SD card?
    Have you tried the WM5torage program? It changes your treo into an sd card reader, but at the 1.0 rate not 2.0. It's still much much faster to transfer files with it than with active sync. It's a free app and totally stable. Unlike the other pay app that does this, it doesn't constantly run in the background.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  8.    #8  
    WM5 Storage was ok, except I got a couple of Notification errors during a 15 minute transfer attempt of a video file.

Picked up a 35 to 1 USB card reader at the airport....zapped the file to my card in about 2 minutes.
    Picked up a 35 to 1 USB card reader at the airport....zapped the file to my card in about 2 minutes.
    Unfortunately, it will generally come down to this for large files. Wish my laptop had one of those built-in SD readers.

This is one thing I hope the iPhone does: kick Palm/MS or whoever into 3 years ago and stick a friggin' USB 2.0 interface on our WM devices
    You can put the SD card into a digital camera and power on(if you have one) and connect the usb cable. Windows should recognize this as a drive letter and you can copy data back and forth.

Best buy and other stores have multi-card readers for less than $20