Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    here's a little more info on how that heartbeat works, and you might also want to check your activesync log on the device (although deciphering it is a bit of a challenge - the log is in /Windows/ActiveSync/ctrlLog

Heartbeat info:

EAS Heartbeat Interval explanation:

These intervals are set by the server, but the minimum heartbeat interval is 60 seconds, the maximum is 45 mins. 30 mins is recommended. See the exact process below.

Direct Push depends on network conditions that support a long-standing HTTPS request. If the carrier network for the mobile device or the firewall does not support long-standing HTTPS requests, the HTTPS request is stopped. The following steps show an example of how Direct Push operates when a mobile device's carrier network has a time-out value of 13 minutes, for instance.

1. A mobile device issues an HTTPS request to the server. The request tells the server to notify the device if any items change in any folder that is configured to synchronize in the next 15 minutes. Otherwise, the server should return an HTTP 200 OK message. The mobile device then stands by.

2. If the server does not respond after 15 minutes, the mobile device wakes up and concludes that the connection to the server was timed out by the network. The device reissues the HTTPS request, but this time uses a heartbeat interval of eight minutes.

3. After eight minutes, the server sends an HTTP 200 OK message. The device will then try to gain a longer connection by issuing a new HTTPS request to the server that has a heartbeat interval of 12 minutes.

4. After four minutes, a new e-mail message is received and the server responds by sending an HTTPS request that tells the device to synchronize. The device synchronizes and reissues the HTTPS request that has a heartbeat of 12 minutes.

5. After 12 minutes, if there are no new or changed items, the server responds by sending an HTTP 200 OK message. The device wakes up and concludes that network conditions will support a heartbeat interval of 12 minutes. The device will then try to gain a longer connection by reissuing an HTTPS request that has a heartbeat interval of 16 minutes.

6. After 16 minutes, no response is received from the server. The device wakes up and concludes that network conditions cannot support a heartbeat interval of 16 minutes. Because this failure occurred directly after the device tried to increase the heartbeat interval, it concludes that the heartbeat interval has reached its maximum limit. The device then issues an HTTPS request that has a heartbeat interval of 12 minutes because this was the last successful heartbeat interval.

The mobile device tries to use the longest heartbeat interval the network supports. This prolongs battery life on the device and minimizes the amount of data that is transferred over the network. Mobile carriers can specify a maximum, minimum, and initial heartbeat value in the registry settings for the mobile device.
    Quote Originally Posted by scollins View Post
    I'm gonna poke around a little at 4smartphone, but I've really already done that, so I doubt anything is there.

I would try mail2web, but I need to have my current email address for incoming and outgoing and from what I understand m2w won't allow this.

Any others I may try? I'm still in trial at 4smartphone. Seems like I heard of 1on1 or 1to1 or something like that?
    mail2web DOES allow this, for 2.00/month. Not bad at all if you need it. Just fwd your mail to the mail2web address, and everytime you reply, it replis from your regular work email address.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    mail2web DOES allow this, for 2.00/month. Not bad at all if you need it. Just fwd your mail to the mail2web address, and everytime you reply, it replis from your regular work email address.
    Do you know if they have a free trial. I'd like to try it, but I don't want to pay up front with the kind of luck I've been having - who knows - I may end up having to go back to pop3 pull mail...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12