1.    #1  
    Yesterday I received four voicemails. After listening to and deleting all of them the notification on the phone didn't go away and the screen above the left action key still reads "Voicemail" instead of "email."

This is a new behavior. I have received and deleted voicemails before and the notification went away.

I have soft reset and called the voicemail number to verify that my voice mailbox is actually empty.

Ideas???
    Quote Originally Posted by donlyle View Post
    Yesterday I received four voicemails. After listening to and deleting all of them the notification on the phone didn't go away and the screen above the left action key still reads "Voicemail" instead of "email."

This is a new behavior. I have received and deleted voicemails before and the notification went away.

I have soft reset and called the voicemail number to verify that my voice mailbox is actually empty.

Ideas???
    This is most likely an issue with Cingular voicemail in my opinion. I have had this happen over the years with various different phones. Eventually the notification will go away, hopefully. I don't think there is any reset you can do on your phone that will make this go away. My guess is that even doing a hard reset will not change this since I think that icon is actually set at the network level and the phone is just reporting what the network thinks.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Happened to me here in NYC all day yesterday. I called back my voicemail, let it tell me there was no messages, and pressed * to hang up. Went away after that.

That may have been a coincidence, but regardless it did eventually go away
    This is a rare thing that happens but easily fixed. Call your voicemail, leave a message, and then go back and delete it.
    Leaving another message and then deleting it worked for me as well. I have had this happen a bunch of times in the past.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Happens sometimes on my 700Wx with Sprint, too.
    Like others have said, just call, leave a new message, and then check and delete it. Should clear it up.
  7.    #7  
    I tried calling in and deleting voicemail--no joy. Called Cingular. They said to access the account and turn notification off. That should make the notification go away. Then I could turn it back on.

Turned it off. It's been about 15 minutes and I'm still seeing the notification. I'm going to start uninstalling third-party apps one-by-one.
    Don
    Quote Originally Posted by donlyle View Post
    I tried calling in and deleting voicemail--no joy. Called Cingular. They said to access the account and turn notification off. That should make the notification go away. Then I could turn it back on.

Turned it off. It's been about 15 minutes and I'm still seeing the notification. I'm going to start uninstalling third-party apps one-by-one.
    No way Jose. It's a network thing. It will go away.
  9.    #9  
    You're right...before I started deleting apps I realized that the notification comes from the network.
    Don