1.    #1  
    Anyone here having this problem? So far I haven't been able to be on the phone for more than 5-6 minutes before the call is dropped. Even when in extremely high signal areas. I'm not sure what the problem could be. The calls always sound good (not garbled) but then are suddenly just gone.

Could some data service be cutting me off? I didn't think that was supposed to happen.

Anybody else having a similar issue?

Thanks,
    Shannon
    Did you install the HSDPA hack?
  3.    #3  
    No. Haven't done anything at all with that...
    Try changing "band selection" to "GSM" only, to see if it's a 3G issue...
    scollins, Hi, did you figure out a solution for this? I'm having the same problem here with my treo650 cingular.

Also, how do you change the band selection to "GSM" only, to see if it's a 3G issue...

Any info. appreciated. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    from the Today Screen, Menu-->Preferences-Phone Settings, select the Services tab, scroll down to Band Selection, click the center button and from the 'Select network type' list box select "GSM". click Ok twice, wait for your phone to connect to the GSM (about 15 seconds)...
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xthreat View Post
    scollins, Hi, did you figure out a solution for this? I'm having the same problem here with my treo650 cingular.

Also, how do you change the band selection to "GSM" only, to see if it's a 3G issue...

I think I did! I called Cingular and told them about that (plus a few other problems I was having) and they sent me a new phone. So far, so good with the new one. Sorry I couldn't be of more help than that ...
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xthreat View Post

I had this problem. At first I couldn't get a call to stay connected for more than a minute. Then, it would stretch to about five minutes before the call would just disappear. I went to Cingular and had them change my SIM card. The problem is gone...
    Interesting. I wonder if that explains my call quality/dropped calls problem. Been really dissapointed w/ th 750s call qaulity vs. a BlackJack I've als been demoing.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I had this problem. At first I couldn't get a call to stay connected for more than a minute. Then, it would stretch to about five minutes before the call would just disappear. I went to Cingular and had them change my SIM card. The problem is gone...
    I just started having the same issue with dropped calls but I have had the same 3G SIM card since using my 8525. Do you think a SIM card change would help? I ask becuase I just requested the unlock codes for my current 750 and would hate to have to go through all of that and setting my phone up again.