Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have had my Cingular Palm Treo 750 for about a week and have noticed several issues:

-when security code lock is on, the phone cannot be answered when it is ringing

-system sounds disappear spontaneously requiring a soft reset

-gwes error appears spontaneously for "no apparent reason"

-2GB mini SD card has plenty of memory, yet the device pops up a screen telling me that it is out of memory space

-poor battery life-drains to critically low overnight when not in use

Are any other Treo 750 users experiencing the above issues?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Haven't seen those with my Vodafone 750v
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmommy73 View Post

faces the above on my 750v randomly... the error is also not restricted to just gwes though... i've received other errors on device.exe, and some others which i cannot recall
    Yes on the battery issue ... see my post here
    none of those issues here so far
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    No battery issues here either. I keep my phone on the charger while sleeping and also while in the car. So far so goood!

BUT not sleeping while in the car
    I've had the problem wiht the sound a couple of times.

Now I seem to have an issue where my Treo's signal just cuts out completely. If I move it around, the signal comes back. It's very strange and didn't seem to be happening when I first got the device.
    Brandon
    I have had my Cingular Palm Treo 750 for about a week and have noticed several issues:

-2GB mini SD card has plenty of memory, yet the device pops up a screen telling me that it is out of memory space

-I don't use the security lock, but it sounds like a legitamite bug to me.
    -Never happened to me with either ROM.
    -gwes occurs usually with bad installs. If you have no 3rd party apps installed, there may have been an error durting a re-format (hard reset). I suggest using Palm's "Device Reset Application" found on their website and starting over.
    -Sounds like something is trying to access the memory card when it falls asleep. I haven't seen that yet. BUT, 1 use a 1GB card. The brand of card seems to matter from what I have read as well.
    -Battery life is the same as my old wx. The way I use the phone I would estimate 24hrs battery life. Not the best, obviously, but nothing out of the ordinary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    -Battery life is the same as my old wx. The way I use the phone I would estimate 24hrs battery life. Not the best, obviously, but nothing out of the ordinary.
    I would love it if I could get that. I got about twelve hours yesterday and the phone was mostly on standy. No phone calls at all and received about 4 emails and only replied to 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by scollins View Post
    I would love it if I could get that. I got about twelve hours yesterday and the phone was mostly on standy. No phone calls at all and received about 4 emails and only replied to 1.
    How often do you check for emails?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I have had some sound issues, but none of the issues listed above.
    Cingular 750
    How often do you check for emails?
    I use the push email feature and have it set to "as items arrive". If I understand correctly this wil only sync if something changes on the exchange server. In my case I only recv'd a couple of emails for the entire day, so it shouldn't have been too big of a drain on the battery ... maybe I'm wrong. What do you think? I've heard that it was way harder on the battery to have to Treo check ever 15 minutes or so via POP3.

Am I wrong?

Thanks,
    Shannon

I recognise the first two, but not the others (Vodafone UK).
    Quote Originally Posted by scollins View Post
    I use the push email feature and have it set to "as items arrive". If I understand correctly this wil only sync if something changes on the exchange server. In my case I only recv'd a couple of emails for the entire day, so it shouldn't have been too big of a drain on the battery ... maybe I'm wrong. What do you think? I've heard that it was way harder on the battery to have to Treo check ever 15 minutes or so via POP3.

Am I wrong?

Thanks,
    Shannon
    You are correct, the email is NOT what is draining your bettery. Do you fluctuate between G and U coverage alot? Every time it changes, activesync has to reconnect to the server all over again, and sync, every time it changes. That is killer on your bettery also. Do you leave your screen on a lot? That kills battery too. I'll try and think of more also...
    You are correct, the email is NOT what is draining your bettery. Do you fluctuate between G and U coverage alot? Every time it changes, activesync has to reconnect to the server all over again, and sync, every time it changes. That is killer on your bettery also. Do you leave your screen on a lot? That kills battery too. I'll try and think of more also...
    Thanks for trying to help me figure this out.

No matter the setting I am still getting emails constantly so that is something else that I can't get to work.

I really don't switch between G and U very often at all. It's G at home and U everywhere else I go...so I would say a couple of times per day.

Also, whenever I check activesync to see the last time it has synced it is always within a minute or two - so it seems like it is syncing constantly. I didn't think this was the way it is supposed to work, but if that's what it's doing - would that kill my battery this fast?

Thanks again,
    Shannon
    Hey, why don't you try and changing it to "every 4 hours" or the like instead of "manually" and see if it works. And if it does, see if your battery life is affected.
    I've tried that already. I've tried almost all of them and none of them have any affect at all. It just keeps doing what its doing...
    HOw about deleteing, then re-configuring the server? Soft reset after you delete the server, then install and initially set it up to MANUALLY
    I can't comment on the first problem. Also for the memory, I'm getting mine soon (Sandisk 2GB), so I'll see if this problem occurs. As for the rest, I'm not having any of them. I don't have 3G in my area so this might be one of the reasons why I'm not experiencing a disadvantage in battery life compared to my previous treo (650).
    HOw about deleteing, then re-configuring the server? Soft reset after you delete the server, then install and initially set it up to MANUALLY
    This seems to have worked! I added the server back and set it to "manually" immediately and so far (it's been almost an hour) it hasn't synced on it's own. I haven't tried setting it to "X" number of minutes yet to see what happens.

I really liked the PUSH mail, but I'm worried that was was killing the battery in a 1/2 day. We'll see how battery life goes today with it set on manual.

Thanks,
    Shannon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast