Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    My "loyalty" to T-Mobile has been shaken to the core :-(

Visited the Palm Store @ Valley Fair in San Jose, CA and asked about the arrival of the Treo 750. I just wanted to confirm that, like the 680, I would be able to purchase the 750 unlocked. I was SHOCKED to learn that the Palm rep did not know when/if he'd receive unlocked 750s. He was very specific in explaining that the 750 to be available at his store late this month would, indeed, be Cingular locked :-(.

This may be the final stake in my time with T-Mobile if true... It's been hard to be stuck with the last to 3G and the worst reception in the Bay Area all this time - and, of course, looking at the prospect of overpaying for a Treo 750 since its 3G capabilities would be wasted on T-Mobile (though Edge is a definate improvement over the GPRS I suffer with on my old Treo 600).

Please, if anybody out there has confirmation that this Palm rep is wrong, please let us know... One way or another, however, we'll all know in a week or two. Me, I'm initiating my negotiations with T-Mobile and Cingular/AT&T to see how much the latter will give me to offset my breaking my commitments with the former. In the meantime, requests for unlock codes are on the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by edmc
    It's been hard to be stuck with the last to 3G and the worst reception in the Bay Area all this time - and, of course, looking at the prospect of overpaying for a Treo 750 since its 3G capabilities would be wasted on T-Mobile (though Edge is a definate improvement over the GPRS I suffer with on my old Treo 600).
    Sounds to me like you're not happy with T-Mobile in the first place, sounds like it's time to switch.
    I hope he's mistaken about selling only locked phones. I'm not happy about locked phones to begin with. I hope they sell unlocked 750s soon. Or I'll have to go with the TyTN
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Perhaps this url is what the Palm Store rep is going by. It does, indeed, only list Cingular under the 750 (while listing unlocked as well under the 680) :-(...
    Does IMEI Unlock work for the 750c too? Anyone try it yet? Although I really don't want a Cingular branded phone at all.
    I hope Palm will release an unlocked within a few months.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Treo 750 to be sold @ Palm stores/online STILL EXCLUSIVE TO CINGULAR?

T-mobiles best friends are samsung and moto

I was a long time t-mobile customer giving up after they failed to come through with the treo 650.
    T-mobile is still damaged from the ipaq 6315 days.They lost lots of money building teck support for that ipaq and even more pulling the device that should have put them above the rest..My opnion--There scared of taking risk.That would explain there very lame ppc selection and those pink phones for kids.
    Funny that the UK T-Mobile does not have this problem! That's a lame excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Funny that the UK T-Mobile does not have this problem! That's a lame excuse!
    T-Mobile UK doesn't have the FCC to contend with.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    When i switched to TMo last year from Cingular and brought over my 650 my rep told me they were no longer going to cover/insure Palm products. "Apparently" the 600 had issues/or they had some falling out with the company and signed some type of rule or something that they would no longer do business with Palm in the US. I'm not sure how much of this was true, but either way i was not able to insure my phone #1 cuz i brought it over from Cingular & #2 because of this "rule". So i was told, so i'm not surprised that they won't honor my 750. I have it on TMo now, just waiting for them to roll out some high speed internet later this summer ;-)
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz101 View Post
    I have it on TMo now, just waiting for them to roll out some high speed internet later this summer ;-)
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I wouldn't count on T-Mobile supporting the 3G of your Treo 750. T-Mobile was forced to buy bandwidth in the "new" Band IV region. You can find out all the gorry details about Band IV over on HowardForumes, but basically its a "dual-band" (i.e. different band upload vs. down) of, I believe 2100MHz and 1700MHz regions. As you will note on your Treo 750's specs, it does not support Band IV :-(. I suppose it is a very outside possibility that Palm used one of the radio chips capable of supporting Band IV but only has to set some software setting to switch over, but I do think they would have said something about that by now.

So much for the "G" in GSM :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz101 View Post
    When i switched to TMo last year from Cingular and brought over my 650 my rep told me they were no longer going to cover/insure Palm products. "Apparently" the 600 had issues/or they had some falling out with the company and signed some type of rule or something that they would no longer do business with Palm in the US. I'm not sure how much of this was true, but either way i was not able to insure my phone #1 cuz i brought it over from Cingular & #2 because of this "rule". So i was told, so i'm not surprised that they won't honor my 750. I have it on TMo now, just waiting for them to roll out some high speed internet later this summer ;-)
    Thats my point.T-mobile has had a falling out with so many because of the liability taken with device.It,s called money and they dont want to spend it.T-mobile Uk will sell you any device you want.They will push you to the manafacture if problems arise with no need of a heavy tech support staff.In the states its a diffrent story.It,s all bad blood with everyone except moto ,samsung and rim
    Put it this way.
    If you own palm and wanted to market your PDA.
    Cingular-we will take on tech support.
    T-mobile-we dont want to take on tech support.
    Who would you contract to sell the device.
    Look at T-Mobile's marketing strategy. Its a differentiation strategy based on best cost, not product leadership. They offer discounted wireless service for customers that want cheap cell service. Those customers aren't going to be the first in line to buy a $400-500 device.
    Those customers aren't going to be the first in line to buy a $400-500 device.[/QUOTE]

============================================================

once upon a time they did.I paid 650.00 for that ipaq 6315 junker as many did.Look at the specs and release date
    http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/pr...4/040726c.html

T-mobile lost money and consumer confidence because of HP droping them junk.Many that owned it knew t-mobile tech support agents by name.They pulled it off there shelfs 6 months into release with hp refusing to buy the preset stock back,No tech support help,very few if now firmware updates-If there was a update DMC at mobility today was fixing it to work..
    I give TM props .They got there customers into a device that worked free of charge after recall.
    T-mobile will always be scared of a device they must invest time and money in.That is fact
    Last edited by slingbox; 01/16/2007 at 02:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    T-Mobile UK doesn't have the FCC to contend with.

Funny how Cingular can get the advanced phones(TyTN, other 3G phones) through the FCC, even if late. Again, another poor excuse if T-Mobile uses that one! There are so many phones T-Mobile could support, even if they don't have their 3G out yet! There's a long line of EDGE phones.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Look at T-Mobile's marketing strategy. Its a differentiation strategy based on best cost, not product leadership. They offer discounted wireless service for customers that want cheap cell service. Those customers aren't going to be the first in line to buy a $400-500 device.

And yet, people with the cool tri-band phones go straight to T-Mobile most of the time, and I'm sure they know that! If they don't, they're a bit clueless! Of course this is due to no 850 much of the time(meaning T-Mobile HAS to be used), but I'm sure they know many people aren't always using their crappy line of subsidized phones!

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Those customers aren't going to be the first in line to buy a $400-500 device.
    ============================================================

once upon a time they did.I paid 650.00 for that ipaq 6315 junker as many did.Look at the specs and release date
    http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/pr...4/040726c.html

T-mobile lost money and consumer confidence because of HP droping them junk.Many that owned it knew t-mobile tech support agents by name.They pulled it off there shelfs 6 months into release with hp refusing to buy the preset stock back,No tech support help,very few if now firmware updates-If there was a update DMC at mobility today was fixing it to work..
    I give TM props .They got there customers into a device that worked free of charge after recall.
    T-mobile will always be scared of a device they must invest time and money in.That is fact[/QUOTE]

I hope T-Mobile International comes by to give them a swift kick in the a..!! That is so PATHETIC! And I DON'T give them props for offering horrible phones still in 2007. Their UK counterpart puts them to so much shame, it's pitiful!! They don't even deserve the name T-Mobile!

Look what you get in the UK: http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher..._catalogue_pmt

And here's T-Mobile Germany, still you get more choices. The US version is PATHETIC: http://www.t-mobile.de/shop/allehand...--all,00.html?

No kidding. I was a T-Mobile customer since back in the Voicestream days. Their poor device selection was leaning me towards finally leaving. Then they announced their 3G strategy by buying spectrum different than the frequency EVERYONE else in the world uses for 3G. Meaning any 3G devices they put out will have to be made specifically for that. That was the last straw and why T-Mobile lost my whole family account (4 lines). To top that off, not even a peep from them. After being a customer for probably 10 years they didn't even try to keep me, not even a letter or call saying please stay for something. I have to say while I have no love for Cingular, their coverage in my area is far superior to anything T-Mobile provided.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680