1.    #1  
    Hello,

I figured that you could record a voicemail just by recording audio on a Note. Not the case. Anyone know of a way to record voicemails with the 700w? I've got a hilarious one that I've got to save.

Thanks!

Matt
    (not exactly what you're after, but maybe) - how about this: instead of using Verizon (or Sprint's) voice mail service, go with CallWave for free - www.callwave.com. I use it and it's great, and the messages people leave you can get sent to your email as .wav files (if you want them to) and then you can save them and do whatever you want.
    I like having my voice messages come across as .wav files and I can launch and play them from Pocket Outlook. Makes a great demo as well.

CallWave has a bunch of other good stuff as well. Their basic service is free. I much prefer it to the cellular company voice mail.
    This sounds pretty interesting to me. I get my work voicemails emailed to my phone in RM format. How does this work? Callwave overides the Verizon (in my case) voicemail? If i am out of data range, will i be able to check my voicemail?

How long does it take to get from the message being left to the time it is emailed to your phone?
  4.    #4  
    Yes, callwave, aimphoneline, youmail:))... whatever it'll be...

I'm looking for a program that records incoming and/or outgoing sound on the phone itself. Starting up a service now won't do me any good.
    Well, if you have callwave, could you forward the voicemail to someone, then have them forward it back to you (then callwave might get it based on how it works)?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    This sounds pretty interesting to me. I get my work voicemails emailed to my phone in RM format. How does this work? Callwave overides the Verizon (in my case) voicemail? If i am out of data range, will i be able to check my voicemail?

How long does it take to get from the message being left to the time it is emailed to your phone?
    Basically Callwave just overrides the (Verizon in your case, and mine as well) voice mail from the carrier. On their website are the instructions for setting the call forwarding for each carrier. It's very simple. Of course, you can call in to their voice mail (just like you do now, and yes, the voice mail icons on the device work) and/or you can do what I do and have the messages sent to your email - whatever email you want - and, depending on your email situation on your device, you can download the attachment and listen to them right over the little player that pops up on the device. Very cool.

For your question of timing - I guess it all depends on what email you use and how you have your phone connected to that email. I my case I use Exchange Direct Push and thus I get my work email on my device instantly.

Oh and the BEST part about it (besides being free) is that they have a little player app that sits on your PC and lets you screen calls (if you choose that - I don't) and/or listen to your cell voice mails ON your PC, and/or delete your cell voice mails on your PC. I like THOSE things the best.

It's all free and if you don't dig it, just un-do the forwarding and you're done with it. I tested it; I liked it - you might as well.

There ya go.
    for basic recording of existing voicemails, I use http://gotvoice.com
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Ahh, I didnt realize that the built in voicemail notification app would still work. Thats pretty sweet.

I am using 4smartphone.net in a push setup myself so I guess it would be pretty quick.

One question, if I get my voicemails forwarded to my email, how do I go about clearing out the voicemails once I listen to them within poulook?

Do you need to log into the voicemail to clear the old messages that you listened to in your email?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Ahh, I didnt realize that the built in voicemail notification app would still work. Thats pretty sweet.

I am using 4smartphone.net in a push setup myself so I guess it would be pretty quick.

One question, if I get my voicemails forwarded to my email, how do I go about clearing out the voicemails once I listen to them within poulook?

Do you need to log into the voicemail to clear the old messages that you listened to in your email?

So the voice mails that get sent to Outlook have no connection to the voice mails that are waiting for when/if you call in. The email-sent voice mails are basically there for you to listen to in email (or your device) and for you to archive if you want. Just sort of a copy, if you will.

You can clear the voice mails that are in their system in one of two ways:
    1. You can call in clear them out, just like you do now with your VZW voice mail (but this is a pain, and what I want to avoid, and that's why I like the #2 below.
    2. Their little PC window/agent allows you to listen to those SAME voice mails on your PC speakers, and clear out those SAME voice mails. That way your mailbox gets cleared without you having to call in and deal with them all.

Just TRY it. www.callwave.com - it will all become clear to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by brand View Post
    Yes, callwave, aimphoneline, youmail)... whatever it'll be...I'm looking for a program that records incoming and/or outgoing sound on the phone itself. Starting up a service now won't do me any good.
    Any audio recording and editing software will be of use. Suggests to try FlexiMusic Wave Editor to record phone calls. Found related answer in FAQ at http://www.fleximusic.com/support/record03.htm
  11.    #11  
    The question has been answered over at HoFo:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...9&postcount=18

It's not possible to record a phone call on the 700w without the use of speaker phone. The phone processing is done separately from the WM environment.
    Doesn't seem like the CallWave Visual Voicemail Widget works with Sprint.
    Will using CallWave bring along extra charges for say text messages?