1.    #1  
    Do most people use the included IE, or are there other browsers that people prefer? The IE seems to work ok, with the (critical) exception of Sportsline's fantasy site.

Thanks to the people who replied on the google maps question. I was on Palm OS since '94 and am learning to walk again.
    I've tried Netfront and Opera Mini - I prefer PIEPlus over all of them. Great set of tools, unobtrusive, many options and preferences and just 'feels' right on the Treo.

And I take it you did find Windows Live Search Mobile for mapping on the Treo - beats Google Maps even on the Palm if you ask me.

(An old 650 user)
    Jer 23:29
    Operamini is better if used in a less featured phone.

Try opera mobile, with a little tweaking on the input.ini file (for easier one hand operation) is the best browser around.

BTW PIE+ is a nice program.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  4.    #4  
    I'll give PIEplus a try.

I'm thinking I'll also check out Spb Pocket Plus 3.1.2, since it looks like it does some good things (and it's first on bestsellers on Palmgear and I'm clueless). It seems like Resco Explorer is widely used from reading around... are they redundant?

JPVann... yeah, thanks, found Windows Live. works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdigital View Post
    I'll give PIEplus a try.

I'm thinking I'll also check out Spb Pocket Plus 3.1.2, since it looks like it does some good things (and it's first on bestsellers on Palmgear and I'm clueless). It seems like Resco Explorer is widely used from reading around... are they redundant?

JPVann... yeah, thanks, found Windows Live. works great.
    Resco Explorer is a file explore that does so much more than the included file explorer. What you may be thinking of is Resco's today screen plugin which comes with file explorer. Sbp Pocket Plus is much more robust.

If you are considering Pocket Plus, you should also take a look at SBSH iLauncher. Version 3.0 is very much improved and is has been shown to use less resources (memory, space) than Pocket Plus. I was a Pocket Plus fan for years and just recently made the switch over to iLauncher.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Im using the Opera Moblie browser and I would like to tweak it but I have no idea where the input.ini file is at? Can someone help me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkathens View Post
    Im using the Opera Moblie browser and I would like to tweak it but I have no idea where the input.ini file is at? Can someone help me out.
    Try either in \Application Data\Opera or \Program Files\Opera
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    does anyone have any idea why I'm only seeing HSDPA speeds in PIE and not opera?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Possibly because PIE is using Cingular's proxy server and Opera isn't? (A guess.)
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Possibly because PIE is using Cingular's proxy server and Opera isn't? (A guess.)
    Sounds correct to me.