Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I'm awaiting the rollout of the Sling for Palm 700p in a few months.

Being that it already is available on the 700w has anyone tried to use their 700W to stream your home cable box or DVR programming to a larger screen like a hotel TV.

I do this now with my laptop using various cabling depending on the hotel tv's connections.

Just wondering if the same is possible yet thru the 700W?

If and when it is, it will eliminate my having to tote along a laptop on vacations and business trips as many hotel safes are too small to hold the laptop when I leave the room.

I'll ask this at the Sling media's forum too.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    as far as i know there is no video out from a 700w which would make this near impossible without some type of hack
    Well there are SDIO video out gadgets you can buy, but they are designed for presentations, not motion video. I've always wondered why someone hasn't come out with a version that supported video. I'd buy it if they would.
    This sounds crazy, but you could use a small pinhole cameras and build a simple mount that holds the camera in front of the treo screen. The cameras usually have a video out, and then you can get a miniplug to RCA cable for audio. Crazy, I know, but if SDIO doesn't pan out, this is the only other option I can think of.....
    Or bring your laptop with you, watch Sling on the laptop via PDANet, and watch it on your laptop or on the TV if your laptop has a video out...
    Quote Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
    This sounds crazy, but you could use a small pinhole cameras and build a simple mount that holds the camera in front of the treo screen. The cameras usually have a video out, and then you can get a miniplug to RCA cable for audio. Crazy, I know, but if SDIO doesn't pan out, this is the only other option I can think of.....

This is the only way... Hooking up headphones to this thing can be a headache, never mind a monitor!

They do make these for the PSP btw...
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2