1.    #1  
    Is Cingular unlimited data on the 750v $40? Not tethering, but just web/email/"regular IP" from the device.

I thought it used to be $20.

Guess Cingular can't decide if it's a smartphone or pda, but can decide to stiff customers.

That's twice as much as Sprint....not sure about Verizon data for Treo.

That's too bad, as rollover is a nice feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Is Cingular unlimited data on the 750v $40? Not tethering, but just web/email/"regular IP" from the device.

I thought it used to be $20.

Guess Cingular can't decide if it's a smartphone or pda, but can decide to stiff customers.

That's twice as much as Sprint....not sure about Verizon data for Treo.

That's too bad, as rollover is a nice feature.
    Actually it's $39.99 a month, not $40.00

The plan that is $19.99 is the "Smartphone Unlimited" whereas the 750 only qualifies for the PDA Unlimited at $39.99

Technically that is the plan you have to use.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  3.    #3  
    It's a ream job....:-)

That's what I figure...just like when Sprint forced people with Vision as part of their plan ("free") to $10 a month to $15 to $20.

Still $40 is steep along with a min. $40 voice plan....add in taxes and that's close to $100 a month....for EDGE, no less! (despite being advertised otherwise, unless you hack it, which is hit and miss and coverage is still spotty).

Too bad, as I like the 750v form factor and future of HSDPA (or whatever it's called)...I wonder if there are some corp. discounts or something else out there to get a more reasonable rate.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    It's UMTS out of the box which is good for 300-400kbps. EDGE is ~150.

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the correction...UMTS.
    For PDA's it has always been 39.99. In the old days you could fake them out into giving you the $20 plan. I am am still under that plan. Every 6 months to a year they take it off, I call complain and they put it back. Just happened again 2 days ago.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I think the pda and smartphones that run Cingular's roms can be tracked and identified by them. (I have a friend who was working for a company that sells this techology to carriers and Cingular was one of his customers) I would use the most generic rom image available and ask Cingular to let you use the $20/month plan. Not sure why they have metered plans and two different tiers, other than just being a rip off.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    I think the pda and smartphones that run Cingular's roms can be tracked and identified by them. (I have a friend who was working for a company that sells this techology to carriers and Cingular was one of his customers) I would use the most generic rom image available and ask Cingular to let you use the $20/month plan. Not sure why they have metered plans and two different tiers, other than just being a rip off.
    I would assume they go off of IMEIs, not ROMs.
    I have the $29.99 media max bundle for unlimited internet and 1000 txt. They still think I have some samsung slider that I joined up with...but Ive had 2 phones since that ive bought unlocked. I dont see a reason to tell them about new unlocked phones I got, cuz theres no advantages. So they shouldnt be able to tell that I have a Treo750 since their computers show a samsung.
  10.    #10  
    so cingular cannot tell what phone you are running? what about the fact you'd be using 3g?
    I think they do use IMEIs. I don't know if that identifies phone model though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    40 a month is alot of money for data service.
    Im paying 15 a month for ev-do Sprint
    On Sprints Wimax 4G release there unlimted data plan is going to be around 20 to 25 a month says there customer care.
  13.    #13  
    wimax-4g is worth 25 a month.

but 40 fo cing is too much.