Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I had a problem with Magic Button conflicting with the volume rocker switch so I had to remove it. Now I am looking for a replacement for Magic Button.

    I would like something that uses very little memory. The only features I would like are an "x" that actually closes programs and a tasbar type feature that shows what is currently open. Can anyone recommend anything? I've seen a couple that are available but all seem to be large and fully featured...

    Thanks,
    Shannon
  2. #2  
    Handy Switcher works but its not free.
  3.    #3  
    I am trying Handy Switcher now. So far seems good and isn't causing any problems that I know of. I kinda miss how MB would show icons for each program separately and I kinda miss the very thin battery bar that went across the top. All in all though HS seems to be pretty good for me so far. Thanks,
    Shannon
  4. Rino808's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #4  
    what is MB doing with the vol rocker buttons...im using MB with no problems...im also using smartkeys, also with no problems...
  5.    #5  
    Here is a link for what it seemed to do - at least for me.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=134037

    Basically, it rendered the volume rockers inoperable. The volume control was just not doing anything at all...

    Shannon
  6. #6  
    I use the HTC -X button close app. works great because its a no frills app that just does what its supposed to do without unnecessary overhead
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I use the HTC -X button close app. works great because its a no frills app that just does what its supposed to do without unnecessary overhead

    Do you have a link for this app?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    im also using smartkeys,
    Try to remap the volume buttons as UP & DOWN.

    And instruct smartkeys to let the original function in today and phone app, and you can see the problem.
    -------------------------------------------------

    Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by scollins View Post
    Here is a link for what it seemed to do - at least for me.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=134037

    Basically, it rendered the volume rockers inoperable. The volume control was just not doing anything at all...

    Shannon
    I can't imagine magic button causing that problem. It doesn't override ANY buttons on your device at all, only that one screen tap in the upper right corner.

    Anyway, there are a few options:
    - spb pocket plus
    - wisbar lite/wisbar advance
    - htc x-button
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I can't imagine magic button causing that problem. It doesn't override ANY buttons on your device at all, only that one screen tap in the upper right corner.

    Absolutely no problem with magic button.

    P.S. where I can find HTC X Button ?
    -------------------------------------------------

    Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  11.    #11  
    Very strange that I'm the only one with problems with Magic Button - maybe it does have something to do with MB and IM+ together. I am using Handy Switcher now and it is doing fine, but I did like MB a little better. I would be interested in HTC X button as well.

    Thanks,
    Shannon
  12. #12  
    I did have the problem before where the volume keys would stop working (they would make the battery staus pop up instead of volume control), but I didn't have magic button installed (I don't use task mgrs anymore). Come to think of it, I never figured out what caused the problem. Did a hard reset and that was that.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I did have the problem before where the volume keys would stop working (they would make the battery staus pop up instead of volume control), but I didn't have magic button installed (I don't use task mgrs anymore). Come to think of it, I never figured out what caused the problem. Did a hard reset and that was that.
    I've read of the problem with battery status popping up and by all accounts here that is caused by some SPB software. I've never installed anything like that and the battery status never popped up for me. The volume just stopped working all together. Basically the rocker switch did nothing at all.

    Shannon
  14. #14  
    Try this link for HTC X-Button. Its about 3 down on the threads as a link called HTC X-Button.cab. I have not tried it but it is there.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=283658

    flane
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by franklane View Post
    Try this link for HTC X-Button. Its about 3 down on the threads as a link called HTC X-Button.cab. I have not tried it but it is there.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=283658

    flane
    Thanks for linking that. You have to be registered to download it if it's an attachment. I use it and it works great. By default, it's set to close an app if you press and hold the X key. However, you can go into Start-Settings-System and change the settings in there.
  16. #16  
    I've tried Magic Button, HTC X Button and Handy Switcher. All work great for me.

    However, the Treo's implementation of the OK hardware button stops any of the above working correctly using the keyboard.

    Using the touch screen, the X button closes the apps correctly, but using the hardware Ok/Close button just minimizes the application and you still have to kill them off.

    Is there any way to make the hardware OK button work with these programs?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by spikesclone View Post

    Using the touch screen, the X button closes the apps correctly, but using the hardware Ok/Close button just minimizes the application and you still have to kill them off.

    The same happen with magic button
    -------------------------------------------------

    Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by franklane View Post
    Try this link for HTC X-Button. Its about 3 down on the threads as a link called HTC X-Button.cab. I have not tried it but it is there.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=283658

    flane
    Thanks very much.
    -------------------------------------------------

    Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by spikesclone View Post
    I've tried Magic Button, HTC X Button and Handy Switcher. All work great for me.

    However, the Treo's implementation of the OK hardware button stops any of the above working correctly using the keyboard.

    Using the touch screen, the X button closes the apps correctly, but using the hardware Ok/Close button just minimizes the application and you still have to kill them off.

    Is there any way to make the hardware OK button work with these programs?
    I prefer this behavior as I often press OK to get back to the Today screen but I don't want to close the app. If I want to close an app, I just use my thumb.

Posting Permissions