1.    #1  
    Anyone else having problems? I get to a google screen where it says "this program may not work on your device" and there are two links to try to download anyway, but they don't get you to the actual download.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    That is correct. Google Maps does not work on the Windows Mobile operating System. You need to get Windows Live Search. It's just as good, some people say it's much better. I think it is very similar.
    That is incorrect. It does work on windows. I loaded it a few weeks ago on my 700w and it works fine. Don't remember exactly what I did though.....:-) Search the 700w forum to get instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdigital View Post
    Anyone else having problems? I get to a google screen where it says "this program may not work on your device" and there are two links to try to download anyway, but they don't get you to the actual download.
    I agree - get Windows Live Search for mobile - as good as, if not better than, google maps. Is also in beta so should show some improvements going forward as well - doesn't require any other fiddling or programs to work.
    Last edited by JPVann; 01/14/2007 at 05:02 PM.
    Jer 23:29
    You'll need to install a Java Midlet manager to get any Java apps to work:
    Here's where you can get one. I'm still looking for others and/or better ones.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=286857
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G