1.    #1  
    I've got a strange problem. The volume rocker buttons seems to stop working on my Treo. A soft resets corrects the problem, but it just comes back again after a little use. I haven't been able to nail down what triggers it though. It doesn't seem to be anything specific. I've read about others having a problem where the rocker switch triggers "battery status" but that's not what mine is doing - it's just not doing anything.

3rd party apps = Resco File Explorer, IM+, Magic Button

Anyone else have this problem, or solution?
    Thanks,
    Shannon
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    this is a software issue SPB or SBSH something...it's been discussed here before. sorry i can't be more helpful. uninstall your 3rd party apps, then reinstall to find the culprit.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
  3.    #3  
    I read about the SPB bug as well, but that's the one that seemed to be causing the "battery status" issue, which is a little different than mine.
    I guess I will have to try uninstalling like you mentioned, but I was hoping maybe someone else had encountered (hopefully solved) this problem.

Thanks for your help,
    Shannon
    probably magic button, that thing always screws something up.
  5.    #5  
    I've never really heard too much bad about Magic Button. I had it for a year or so on a Dell PDA w/o any trouble. Tomorrow I'll try to uninstall and see if that's the culprit.

Any suggestions for a magic button type of program. I liked it cause it was very simple and had a small footprint.
    Thanks,
    Shannon
  6.    #6  
    Ok, it looks like Magic Button was the culprit. I removed it and did a soft reset and so far the problem hasn't come back up. I'll post if it arises again, but so far it looks like that has solved the problem.

Now the next problem ... what to replace Magic Button with?
    Shannon
    Quote Originally Posted by scollins View Post

Now the next problem ... what to replace Magic Button with?
    Shannon
    Magic button works w/o any problem.

Maybe you mean AE Button plus tath trigger the problem.

The problem is triggered also by Smartkeys, and some other software like sbp pocket plus (sbp has already a temporary patch for this)
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  8.    #8  
    I'm not sure. The only 3rd party apps that I have are IM+, Resco File Explorer, and Magic Button (now uninstalled).

What is AE button? Also I'm not sure what Smartkeys is, but I've never had it or any of the spb software.

I was pretty sure it was Magic Button because I stopped having the problem (so far)right after I uninstalled it and have very little else installed. I would like to keep using Magic Button though if it's possible that isn't my problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by scollins View Post
    I'm not sure. The only 3rd party apps that I have are IM+, Resco File Explorer, and Magic Button (now uninstalled).

What is AE button?
    Is a program that remaps the HW buttons, if you remaps the volume buttons, the battery popup problem is triggered

I was pretty sure it was Magic Button because I stopped having the problem
    I' using magic button, and resco explorer and I don't have the problem, I'm not using IM+.

Maybe there is an interaction between IM+ and Magic Button, or maybe you are using an old version of MB.

Try downloading the latest version and reinstalling it.

If doesn't works try the sbp patch attacched here (unpack it and put it in \windows\stratup folder)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  10.    #10  
    I did have the latest version. I had an old copy on an old pda, but when I got the Treo in a couple of days ago, I went and got the latest MB. Maybe it does have something to do with IM+ and MB together.
    Thanks for your help,
    Shannon