Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I am experiecing a really odd issue with my cingular 750 that requires soft resets to fix. With out any notice or any changes made by myself to the unit, there will suddenly be no audible sounds from the unit EG: not alerts, no incoming call ring tones, no audible tones when adjusting volumes or making a selection from navigating a menu.

The only way to repair the issue is a soft reset. So am I the only one experiencing this issue or is this somewhat common?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    this has happened to me a few times already. most notably when my alarm goes off in the morning making me late for work.
    Cingular 750
    3rd party programs are likely the cause.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    None installed. My Treo is fresh and 3rd party free

I have only had it for a few days now and its had some oddities, but this one drives me nuts because I dont know when an email comes through and miss calls because the ringer no longer works.

The odd thing is the speaker works fine if you make a call, I just lose the audible alerts when this happens.

Cheers!
    Mine Did that a few times but it seemed only to happen when I was Using bluetooth and voice command
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfla_tc View Post
    None installed. My Treo is fresh and 3rd party free

I have only had it for a few days now and its had some oddities, but this one drives me nuts because I dont know when an email comes through and miss calls because the ringer no longer works.

The odd thing is the speaker works fine if you make a call, I just lose the audible alerts when this happens.

Cheers!
    no need to worry about it. if you're not satisfied with the peformance, take it back and get another one.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    I have had my Treo 750 for about a week and I have had this happen once. I removed the battery, counted to 10 and put the battery back in. It's been 4-5 days and I have not had this problem again. BTW, at the time that the problem happened I did not have any add on software-the Treo was still new.
    I have had my 750 since Monday, same issue with no ringer, notify and stuff. First happening on Sat. when I used bluetooth headset and the dropped it. Ringers and all gone. Soft reset and fine. Now it happens everytime I plug in the charger. It loses the sound.

I may have to take this thing back. The only third party app I have installed in Opera.
    same thing happens to mine...duno why but it drives me insane!
    I had the same problem this morning. I have some 3rd party apps but the only one I notice in common with other people is Opera Mobile.
    I'm seeing the same problem with sound and vibration stopping on the Cingular 750. I didn't see this on the Vodaphone 750. Great, they make the 3G better on the Cingular but now it stops ringing and vibrating for unknown reasons. I've only had apps on here that I had on the Vodaphone that I don't see how they could conflict, eReader, SplashID, SplashPhoto, and Agenda One.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Last week I disabled Voice Command after having my system sounds disappear several times. Initially, everything seemed fine.
    I still lost system sounds after doing this, so I went back to look at the setting where I had turned off the Voice Command-it was back to "enabled" without me resetting it...
    So, I disabled it again-same thing happened 3 more times in the last week.
    Each time I have to remove the battery to get the system sounds on again-a real pain, as I have a silicon case on the Treo.
    I checked the Cingular forums and other people are having this issue also.
    I hope that Cingular/Palm gets this fixed soon.
    Yep, I've had this happen 3 times so far. It happened when I was using bt voice dialing. Had to reset each time to get it back. Definitely a bug.
    Same problem here. Bugs the heck outta me that the phone cant even keep its sound setting.