Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Does anyone know anymore information about this?

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/12/v...f-their-contr/

Does this mean people with the free 2000 SMS added to their accounts are able to get out of the ETF if leaving Verizon?

I have about 1 more year left in Verizon...and thinking of going somewhere else in .... June 2007
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    I know that just as with Sprint not too long ago, people jumped ship for a similar reason. If the change consititutes, as the post says, a "material change" in the terms of the contract, I believe there is a loophole that allows you to leave your contract since its terms were "re-negotiated" (although you likely had no say in it ) during the time it was active.

If you can't stand your carrier, it's often your best and only way to escape without getting smacked with charges.

It's good to remember though, you might only be trading one set of problems for another. That being said, sometimes it's much easier to handle a whole new set of problems, and the boon to one's mental health in those situations is often worth it. If you're up in June, you could probably stick it out a little longer if you missed this. But if you're hating every minute of your wireless service, consider it, I suppose.
    END OF LINE
    what's releasing in June 2007?
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    what's releasing in June 2007?
    iphone
    Oh right, I already forgot
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Anyone succeed with this approach yet?
    I got 500 free SMS/month for threatening to leave Sprint over their ETF snafu a few months ago. It's worth a call to explore anyway...
    When I called the CSR said it did not affect people with SMS bundles...and if you went over your fixed amount of SMS's you would be charged at the old rate. But i am intererested on what others come back with...
    I am really suprised I havent heard about more people havent tried to get out of their Verizon contracts...is anyone even trying?