1.    #1  
    is anyone having this problem? the phone will make and accept outgoing and incoming calls, but there is no darn audio for the 750. even though I accept the call on the 750 and it says "call in progress," I cannot hear the person speaking on the other end and they cannot hear me.
    some things I have done already in order to limit the replies:
    1. made sure it was unmuted.
    2. made sure I had a 3g card in the 750.
    3.at first, i thought it might be a bad 3g SIM card. However, I switched the SIM card from my 750 to my 650 (which is also a 3g card), and low and behold the 750 card that came with the phone worked perfectly in the 650 (i.e., I could hear the other person talking on the other end, and they could hear me). the card that I had in the 650 (and was able to make calls to other numbers and hear the other person everytime, etc.) was placed in the 750, and needless to say, I was unable to hear or others hear me. once I switched them back over to how they were initially, however, it was the same ole junk again not being able to hear. so, I have elimated it being a defective SIM card, and the phone must be defective.
    4. I made sure to power off the 750 a few times in hopes that this may work.

any suggestions b/c I spent 2 hrs on the phone with cingular technology dept trying to figure out the prob. Unfortunately, we did not fix it.

thanks in advance.
    did you use the headsets? I wonder if it has a weak jack like previous models. Try inserting the headset jack in and out a few times while on a call.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    did you use the headsets? I wonder if it has a weak jack like previous models. Try inserting the headset jack in and out a few times while on a call.
    yep...this worked, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT how the hell do I fix it b/c once I take the headset out, I cannot hear anything again. Also, only one speaker works in the headset. I inserted it about 50 times (or more!) and it still does the same thing once the headset is taken out and I try to use the phone without the headset.
    MUST THE PHONE BE RETURNED FOR ANOTHER?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredkobs View Post
    yep...this worked, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT how the hell do I fix it b/c once I take the headset out, I cannot hear anything again. Also, only one speaker works in the headset. I inserted it about 50 times (or more!) and it still does the same thing once the headset is taken out and I try to use the phone without the headset.
    MUST THE PHONE BE RETURNED FOR ANOTHER?
    i'd take it back and get another one...
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcortez View Post
    i'd take it back and get another one...
    that's what i am gonna do.. only problem is that I ordered it online from cingular and they won't let me return it to a store.
    so, I'll have to wait until it comes mid-next week.
    ugh.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    you should be able to return a defective phone to a Corp Cingular store... i've done it before; in fact, the CSR suggested i do it to quickly resove the problme. take all the paper work that came with the phone with you to the store. and of course, call ahead and make sure they have a 750 in stock.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    i had the same problem with my unit right out of the box. i tested it by dialing my wife's number. i did a hard reset according to the users guide and it worked after that. hope this helps.

1st post!!