1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

For the past 2 weeks my phone is constantly telling me I have 4 text messages that are unread when there are none. I have done a soft reset and everything possible but on the today screen it keeps telling me I have 4 unread messages.

I am using the threaded messaging app in case that has anything to do it with. Anyone know of a fix?
    Two choices.

1) Install spb diary to access the leaked poutlook text messages and delete them.
    2) Hard reset and restore back to before the problem.

hmm, I wonder if you can backup excluding email/text, hard reset and restore, or full backup, hard reset and selective restore excluding email/text.

Also, make sure poutlook is not in your startup folder. That seems to improve the chances that texts may leak.

I've never had a text message leak. Why this happens to others I'm not sure. It could be that all of the rom files didn't get copied. Check each of the 13 rom files and verify that none have the ROM checkbox checked in file properties. Also I don't close Messaging once it's loaded, not sure that has anything to do with it.
    Last edited by hannip; 01/12/2007 at 04:28 PM.
  3.    #3  
    I'll just live with it. I don't have the patience to hard reset the phone at this time.
    choice 1 doesn't require a hard reset. You can install the trial version of spb diary, delete the text messages and uninstall it.
  5.    #5  
    Hey hannip, thanks so much for the help. I did option 1 and I saw exactly the 4 messages that were there but not there. Deleted them all and now its working fine

Thanks, once again
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Also I don't close Messaging once it's loaded, not sure that has anything to do with it.
    i have NEVER had this problem and i always close everthing, including Messaging.

i think the reason for this leak is that thay have the messaging app opened when trying to install the first time. sicne the release of beta 4, i have done at least 6 hardresets and manually re-installs (not backup) with no problems.

anyhow glad you got it fixed L3thal
  7.    #7  
    Thanks. What I find odd is that the messages were dated to 12/28 and 12/29 and I've had the threaded app installed for well over a month already.

Whatever the case may be, it is fixed, thankfully.
  8.    #8  
    Well, now it doesn't seem to "read" how many new messages I have and always says no unread messages...go figure.
    hmm okay how dou use that program to del the msgs?
    I just installed the Beta 5 of the threaded SMS and have run into the phantom "1 Unread" display on my today screen. It doesn't show with the threaded SMS icon, but shows with the Inbox icon.

Plus, I just noticed that everytime I soft reset my device, I get 10 txt messages from the past. It's like the threaded SMS is catching up or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Two choices.

1) Install spb diary to access the leaked poutlook text messages and delete them.
    2) Hard reset and restore back to before the problem.

hmm, I wonder if you can backup excluding email/text, hard reset and restore, or full backup, hard reset and selective restore excluding email/text.

Also, make sure poutlook is not in your startup folder. That seems to improve the chances that texts may leak.

I've never had a text message leak. Why this happens to others I'm not sure. It could be that all of the rom files didn't get copied. Check each of the 13 rom files and verify that none have the ROM checkbox checked in file properties. Also I don't close Messaging once it's loaded, not sure that has anything to do with it.
    Hey, I downloaded spb diary, but do not know how to delete the old text messages? Can some1 helo?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    the treo bugs never end....its like to spend a weely hour update software and purchasing 3party apps to keep your phone running....

headaches
    I had the same problem. Search for a free program called FIXUNREADCOUNT. Works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    FixUnreadCount works GREAT!!! Thanks rpickoff!

Go to freewareppc.com for the file.