Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone gotten cingularvideo.cingular.com to work? I keep getting the message:
    "Download the 618 bytes file 'My Documents\'"
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    There is a registry edit you can make for IE to get cingular video to work. Check over a Howard Forums in the PPC or Cingular PDA forum.
  4.    #4  
    I have tried the registry hack and have installed Real Video, but when I go to the cingularvideo.cingular.com web page, I don't even get the account error, I get a popup download screen that askes if I want to save the file: "my Documets\" so it is trying to save a folder?
    Is anyone else getting this???
  5.    #5  
    OK did get it working using the installer CAB from xda.
    Doing it individually by hacking the registry and installing Real Player did not work for me.

I do get the unauthroized to view message now.

I am on an old grandfathered unlimited media net package.
    Moving up to the 39.99 pda package will allow me to view the video correct?

Thanks!
    Last edited by fxguy; 01/12/2007 at 07:08 PM.
    Where is the xda cab file. Can you provide a link?
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Any way to get Cing videos to work on Palm OS devices, like a 650?
    Last edited by swieder; 01/13/2007 at 10:05 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  8.    #8  
    here is the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=51

anyone know what plans support video?
    Quote Originally Posted by fxguy View Post
    here is the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=51

anyone know what plans support video?
    which one did you download and install? the shogun realplayer cab file?

if so, where on the 750 should I put the zip file contents after I download? want to make this as seemless as possible... thanks
    -jscott
  10.    #10  
    Yes the shogun realplayer cab file.
    Just save it to a folder on your treo and then open it.
    Will my unlimited data plan give me access... or do I have to change to a MediaMax plan of some sort?
    -jscott
    i've tried the mobility today hack and the xda hack. i keep getting the "unable to verify account....." message on the cv site. i have the pda connect unlimited plan. not sure what the problem is.
    I have PDA Unlimted and i went to the cing store today. I have done the hack from mobility and am now getting the "unable to verify the account thing" All my settings are right on there side as I made the guy at the store put my sim in his blackjack and cing video worked fine. It also worked on his little flip phone he had. So i dont know what else to do. My account has access, my phone has Real Player and all the registry and video hacks, but it still cant verify my account. Hmmmmmm Any Ideas?

C
    Quote Originally Posted by fxguy View Post
    Anyone gotten cingularvideo.cingular.com to work? I keep getting the message:
    "Download the 618 bytes file 'My Documents\'"
    I just posted the step by step on how to get CV to work on your Treo 750. Your particular problem needs a registry edit. See Step 3.

I don't know if I forgot any steps. This works for me.

http://www.gadgetech.info/treo/hacks/
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Chris did try to access CV after he put your sim in his blackjack and watched a video? I have heard other places that after you put your sim in another CV enabled phone and watch a clip it somehow enables something on your account that is now activated and you should be able to watch CV on the non supported phone. I read this in the cingular forum where a guy had a nokia e62 I think and got the you need the correct data package error and also from someone on howard forums with a treo 750. I will let you know if it works for me once I find someone with a blackjack or other cv enabled phone or once I get a chance to go to the cingular store. If you give it a try and it works let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris A. View Post
    I have PDA Unlimted and i went to the cing store today. I have done the hack from mobility and am now getting the "unable to verify the account thing" All my settings are right on there side as I made the guy at the store put my sim in his blackjack and cing video worked fine. It also worked on his little flip phone he had. So i dont know what else to do. My account has access, my phone has Real Player and all the registry and video hacks, but it still cant verify my account. Hmmmmmm Any Ideas?

C
    Yea i just tried it two more times on a blackjack. Cing video works great on it, but still no go on the 750.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Ya I tried that too and it doesnt work I guess it only worked for the lucky people. This is so freakin lame I wonder why it works on some 750's and not others it has to be either a phone issue or an account issue most likely an account issue either way it seems that it should be fixable. Im starting to get a little mad here because Cingular has no idea whats going on
    Same here, NO LUCK. Come on guys, help us figure this one out!!!
    It stopped working on my 750 all of a sudden, what's up? anyone else have a problem?
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Ive never got it working on the Treo 750... from what I hear its no real loss. Do you miss it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast