1.    #1  
    I've been a long time Palm OS user and made the switch to WM 5.0 with the new Cingular Treo 750. One of my favorite applications on my old 650 Treo was BackupBuddy. It would back up my entire phone to my SD card every night and on the two occasions when the Treo crashed out, all I had to do was get a new phone and do a restore...wouldn't even lose a text message! Is there a similar app for WM 5?
    SPB Backup is a great application.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I'm downloading the demo version to give it a try right now! Do you have any suggestions for a call ringer manager? I used mRing for my 650 to manage customized .mp3 ringtones and was very pleased.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Is Sprite backup on the disk that came with your phone? It came with the 700W/Wx and it's also a good program. (And, it's free to us Treo owners.)

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...kup/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bebrewer View Post
    I've been a long time Palm OS user and made the switch to WM 5.0 with the new Cingular Treo 750. One of my favorite applications on my old 650 Treo was BackupBuddy. It would back up my entire phone to my SD card every night and on the two occasions when the Treo crashed out, all I had to do was get a new phone and do a restore...wouldn't even lose a text message! Is there a similar app for WM 5?
    Sprite Backup 5.1 would be the best choice for completely backing up your device. You can even restore after a ROM upgrade or device change, whereas SBP can only restore to the same ROM
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous00 View Post
    Sprite Backup 5.1 would be the best choice for completely backing up your device. You can even restore after a ROM upgrade or device change, whereas SBP can only restore to the same ROM
    Restoring to a device change is huge for me because I suffered through two RMAs on my 650. With my Backup Buddy image on the SD card, all I had to do was restore the image and I was good to go. Looks like I'll have to give Sprite a try.
  7.    #7  
    It doesn't look like the free version of Sprite that is on Palm's website only works for 750w phones and not the '750' from Cingular. It would not accept my serial number as valid for the download and then I noticed this at the bottom of the page-

Note: This version is designed for the Treo 700w/wx smartphone only, and it will not work on any other Windows Mobile devices.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bebrewer View Post
    It doesn't look like the free version of Sprite that is on Palm's website only works for 750w phones and not the '750' from Cingular. It would not accept my serial number as valid for the download and then I noticed this at the bottom of the page-

Note: This version is designed for the Treo 700w/wx smartphone only, and it will not work on any other Windows Mobile devices.
    The free version; which is also the FULL version is on the Treo 750 installation CD. Put the CD in the drive, click on Setup,then chose "Add New Programs to my device" Sprite Backup is the 4th option down.
    Make sure you test it a few times. I had to do a full restore after I deliberately Hard Reset the Treo 750(Cingular) and none of my restores worked succesfully, so I had to start from Scratch. Fortunately it's really easy to re-install all the software but I would do a few tests to make sure it works for you. Their support is also very friendly they are in New Zealand.