1. sda
    I'm contemplating the move from PalmOS (680) to WM5 (750). Is there an app that has similar functionality to Kinoma 4EX? It's an awesome app as outlined in the review on this site. What's out there that provides some or all of the functionality of the Kinoma solution?
    looking for the same thing.....anyone??
  3. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by sda View Post
    I'm contemplating the move from PalmOS (680) to WM5 (750). Is there an app that has similar functionality to Kinoma 4EX? It's an awesome app as outlined in the review on this site. What's out there that provides some or all of the functionality of the Kinoma solution?
    The lack of responses sugggests that NOTHING exists that is even remotely close to Kinoma..is this true? If so it's sad, but I also suppose it provides a great opportunity for a willing developer.
    wait, what exactly are you asking for? Kinoma works (not super well, but it does) via Styletap on WM devices, but there's several facets to Kinoma:

Media Guide
    Youtube/Googtube Streaming (its own category, because it's important)
    Vid Streaming
    Audio Streaming

Note that Kinoma lacks background playback support, so WMA background streaming is something you'll find WM has that K does not.

* As for Media Guide, you'll find Resco Radio provides a pretty good aggregated list of stations.
    * Audio Streaming over TCPMP, WMP, Coreplayer and all support 'background' playback. Kind of inherent in WMland.
    * Video Streaming over TCPMP & Coreplayer & Windows Media Player for even more codecs than Kinoma supports.
    * As for video streaming guides, I know they exist but with Slingbox I haven't had the need for them.

* As for mobile youtube & gvids, other than Styletap emulation, there is no direct streaming alternative.
    If you use ORB it has a native Google and YouTube streams with search options. Its awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    * As for mobile youtube & gvids, other than Styletap emulation, there is no direct streaming alternative.
    I tend to use ORB along with TCPMP and kinoma via styletap. This covers all my bases. I am anxious to see what's up with Coreplayer though... What other codecs can it see as far as streaming is concerned?
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Well i received an email yesterday that Kinoma was just updated to 4.1! With wm5 style tap support!! So that should help out alot!